This position will report to the CEO and will plan, implement, direct and evaluate the finance and accounting performance, needs and capabilities of the company to ensure attainment of profit and growth objectives. The Accountant will provide leadership and excellence that will ensure long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies are attained.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and manage the organization's accounting department and performance.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Develop credibility for the accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the CEO/President, and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish and Manage inventory function.
- Provide technical accounting advice and knowledge to others within the accounting department.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Evaluate the accounting division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Accounting Management.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintain in depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting, or finance functions have been outsourced. Manage the accounting, accounting resources. Maintain banking relationships. In depth knowledge of accounting systems and ability to train staff accordingly. Review payables, AR and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure issuance of the financial information. Report financial results to owner.
- Conducts monthly safety talks.
- Support customers and assume national customer base for re-bids, minimum wage increases and customer service for bidding and strategic financial planning at customer accounts. Some site visits required.
- Immediately report hours paid versus contract hours to ensure we are not over-staffing or under staffing. Ensure collections are current. Ensure and train staff on best-practices.
- Oversee finances for employee benefits.
- Schedule financial review with by the 15th of each month.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS:
- Ability to put in place financial/accounting metrics and interpret financial statements
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; works well with others
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to develop others
- Ability to accomplish results through others
- Aptitude for technology
- Willingness and ability to travel (estimate 20% of time)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10 to15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree / advanced degree preferred
- Familiarity in pharmaceuticals, bio-research, semiconductor, medical device manufacturing cleanroom facilities
- This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
This is a full-time salaried position.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
- We reserve the right to modify this job description at any time. Other duties as assigned.
- This company is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: