Los Angeles, California
It’s an amazing time to join Netflix! We has grown to over a 125 million feverrent members worldwide that are genuinely engaged with our brand and original content. We are building a consumer products division to create merchandisable products based on our robust original programming slate. Our approach promotes title awareness while also enabling our IPs to become part of the zeitgeist for longer periods of time.
Brand Strategy & Creative Managers will focus on title-level IP development and lead all creative initiatives within Consumer Products. Specifically, this role will be aligned to the Kids content vertical, supporting original series and films.
IP Evaluation & Title Brand Development
- Evaluate upcoming titles to determine the viability of potential merchandisable programs
- Collaborate with kids Content team on the initial development of potential franchises and brand strategy for consumer products
- Explore opportunities to strengthen IPs through content and product alignments
- Provide strategic recommendations for content strategies (e.g. bridge content flighting and narrative themes) to manage overall title lifecycles
Creative Strategy & Development
- Create strategic briefs to inform overall vision for how a selected title comes to life across hardlines and softlines
- Manage external agencies in the development of style guides, retailer marketing materials and other franchise-related elements within CP
- Collaborate with Biz Dev and RD leads on creative development needed for retail and third-party partnerships
Internal/External Alignment & Socialization
- Align with key stakeholders across creative marketing and regional marketing teams to maximize the impact of franchise plans
- Liaise Consumer Product initiatives back to content teams, showrunners and external production companies
- Develop resource materials for the Consumer Products team, including title pitch decks and sizzles
8+ years of experience in a brand marketing and/or franchise development
Understanding of the consumer products, licensing and retail
Experience building creative briefs, managing agencies and developing creative with a strong POV
Strong passion for kids and family content, with knowledge of the competitive landscape
Has a track record of building brands and/or franchises that connect consumers to entertainment brands and create a passionate following
A cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals
Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We will typically have multiple launch campaigns happening at once.