Ashburn-Belmont Greene, VA
Preschool / Childcare School Director - The Goddard School of Ashburn at Belmont Greene
The Goddard School® of Ashburn at Belmont Greene (off Belmont Ridge Road -near Stone Bridge High School), Virginia, is seeking a motivated seasoned educator and business manager for a school director's (School Director) position at our school. At minimum, a Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field, and management experience in a licensed preschool, childcare center, or private/public school are required. A Master in Educational Administration or a Bachelor's in Education and Business Management desired. The candidate must have exemplary leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and a good understanding of 21st Century Learning, National and State Preschool Standards and Assessments. The candidate must also have proven ability to increase and sustain enrollment and hire and maintain qualified engaging teachers.
The Goddard School® is renowned for its FLEX Learning Program that is designed to instill a life-long love of learning through play. Our mission is "Learning for Fun Learning for Life." The Goddard School is a leader in the franchised preschool industry, which is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. Each school is independently owned and operated with the owners being a part of the school, community, and families at the school. Our faculty is made of loving and dedicated professional teachers who understand each child's needs. Our ideal School Director is an effective leader, a passionate educator, an attentive listener, an avid learner, an excellent communicator, and a team player who can motivate and inspire others.
The Preschool School Director responsibilities encompass all aspects of Preschool and childcare center operation and management. The Preschool School Director will:
- Work closely with and report to the On-site Owner
- Actively engage in preschool operations and management including sales and marketing, human resources, quality assurance, curriculum, and facility operations
- Grow and sustain consistent enrollment and family retention
- Promote and market the School via social media, community outreach, and internal marketing
- Respond to phone and Internet inquiries and conduct tours
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our families
- Establish and maintain professional training programs for Directors and Faculty
- Bachelor's Degree in Childhood Education and a Business Management minor or coursework required; Masters preferred in Educational Administration or related field of study
- Minimum of five (5) years experience including teaching and management. Must have four (4) years or more of management experience.
- Prior experience in managing faculty
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development, selection, and implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Virginia state licensing standards
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing faculty schedules while managing accurate time reporting
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Aptitude for technology in education including use of Smart Boards and Tablets
- Thorough knowledge of educational accreditation processes
- Current CPR/First Aid and MAT certification
We encourage professionals who currently serve as preschool director, childcare director, center director, or school principal or those who have held similar positions such as Assistant Principal or Principal in local public or private schools and meet the above requirements to apply.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Goddard School® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides outstanding opportunities including:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Opportunities
- Childcare Discount
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401K with matching contribution
- Paid Professional Development and Continuing Education