- Driver's License
- Military Experience
- TWIC Card
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Material Coordinator / Scheduler who works in a packaging facility at a petrochemical plant in Plaquemine, LA. This position oversees the workflow of the Dispatchers within the packaging warehouse. It is the coordinator's responsibility to ensure the established material handling processes are being followed and to assist in developing new work processes as required by the customer. This position works with the Dispatchers on the warehouse floor, as well as, the Production Data Analysts to ensure that all product leaving the warehouse is properly labeled, scanned and documented on bill of ladings before shipping to the external warehouses. The Material Coordinator / Scheduler is a lead position which involves delegating tasks to Dispatchers and training new hires. This role requires someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, as the Material Coordinator/Scheduler works with many other positions along the supply chain. The Material Coordinator/Scheduler must be a positive and informative influence and demonstrate core values and integrity.
M-F Days (Flexible Hours)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ensure that all dispatchers and material handlers have the required information, tools and PPE for daily activity.
- Drive dispatcher accountability by holding each dispatcher to the expectations of performance for their position and utilizing progressive discipline in accordance with PSC Policy.
- Coach and mentor dispatchers to help in the development of future PSC leaders.
- Ensure that all dispatcher duties / work in the Packaging Warehouse is being done safely, accurately, efficiently and promptly.
- Ensure all dispatchers and material handlers understand the significance of following procedures and instructions (verbal or written).
- Responsible for overseeing the progress of new dispatchers and meeting with the trainer, trainee and site supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for setting up the panel review when dispatcher is ready for certification.
- Ensure that all dispatchers are trained and have signed off on any and all procedural changes and MOCs.
- Utilize training material, observations, common sense, work experience, etc. to create additional training for dispatchers and material handlers as required.
- Communicate with PSC Leadership, DOW Technical Advisors, DOW Shift Lead Technicians and DOW Production Data Analysts regularly regarding daily production, non-routine activities, unsafe equipment and personnel concerns.
- Responsible for being the focal point, within the packaging warehouse, for the troubleshooting of the Electronic Package Labeling System, Material Handling Scanners and WebADC.
- Works in SAP to review daily production and discrepancies.
- Review dispatcher procedures for accuracy, redline and properly communicate to PSC and Dow leadership to make the proper changes
- Must have computer skills to generate Word documents and able to develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to motivate, lead, and train others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Requirements:You must be able to:
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety standards and be safety conscious at all times
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
Why join the PSC team?
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at petroleumservice.com/testimonials
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.