Full-time | Temporary | Contract
Full Job Description
Position Title: Instructional Designer Position Parameters:
- Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
- 6-month period of performance (Approx. 960 Hours) The instructional designer will be responsible for building a catalog of learning modules across multiple modalities (classroom, live on-line, on demand) to meet the specific subject matter requirements of a fast-paced and matrixed federal organization.
The instructional designer will serve on-site for a six-month period Program Manager while functionally taking daily direction from the organization’s Director, Staff Academy. A strong background in instructional design is desired as well as the flexibility, agility and high level of personal organization required to meet the needs of fast-paced organization with a high volume of stakeholders with varying interests.
- Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in education, learning or development
- Demonstrated ability to identify and apply technical and behavioral performance improvement solutions to help achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrated expertise in the following training and skills: Adobe Creative, Captivate & Video Production Suite (Premier Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop), Web-Ex, User Persona Development, Rapid Instructional Design, and Design Thinking.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven ability in designing a variety of training applications for a broad array of delivery methods (e.g., blended, eLearning, simulations, mobile).
- Proven experience in writing, reviewing, and editing storyboards.
- Proven knowledge of the ADDIE process, and Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation.
- Complex problem-solving skills and strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to operate effectively in team environment.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and proficient in the use of personal computer.
- Strong familiarity with networks.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to assess, measure, and analyze organizational performance in a complex changedriven environment.
***MUST BE ABLE TO PASS CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK***
Please send Resume and 3 professional references
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $33.00 - $55.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Instructional Design: 5 years (Required)
- MS Office: 5 years (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Capitvate & Vdeo Production Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- Rapid Instructional Design and Design Thinking: 2 years (Required)
- Washington, DC (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible