SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Propulsion Technician, Cleanline (Dragon Spacecraft) - Temporary
The Propulsion - Cleaning Technician duties shall include disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of rocket, spacecraft and tooling components which shall include general cleaning, possibly using ultrasonic cleaning and/or passivation tanks.
- General purpose cleaning will also be required on metals (ferrous and nonferrous) for the removal of all contamination such as oxides, grease, oil, scale and corrosion
- Other cleaning methods such as abrasive cleaning and blasting with air, mechanical and liquids on metal and nonmetal components will be required
- Under minimal supervision, performs all cleaning duties to all SpaceX specs
- Instructing trainees, directing and laying out work orders for technicians and other personnel as necessary
- Keeping log and recording data as necessary
- Performing work and maintaining work area in a neat, orderly, and safe manner
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using basic mechanical and/or electronics hand tools.
- A&P license preferred.
- Experience with precision cleaning in an aerospace environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here ( https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=24d528fddbfc930044f9ff621f961987 ).
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.