As a member of the senior leadership team, Kronos’ General Counsel is a leader who proactively develops, implements, and manages legal and compliance strategies for the company. The General Counsel manages the global legal function, including overseeing the utilization of outside counsel. The General Counsel and legal team partner with the business on a wide range of business and commercial transactions to ensure that business objectives are met in balance with protecting the company from undue risk.
- Structure and manage the internal legal team of ~25 global resources comprised of attorneys, paralegals, contract negotiators and administrators.
- Provide legal guidance to management on all matters that affect the company.
- Provide guidance and support to the staff members who prepare, review and negotiate complex commercial agreements, 3rd party vendor agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, corporate agreements, and confidentiality agreements.
- Support the business in negotiating, developing and maintaining contractual relationships; identify and communicate issues and risks for agreements.
- Partner with the CISO on data privacy and security matters, compliance and contract negotiations.
- Partner with HR on all range of employment matters and legislation/regulation.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically; identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and other areas of the business.
- Participate in executive level meetings related to the future strategic direction of the company, pending mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- As corporate secretary, attend Board of Director and Board Committee meetings, advise the Board and record minutes.
- Manage the use of internal versus external legal counsel to minimize cost and risk.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- JD Degree from an ABA accredited law school and admission to the Bar in Massachusetts (or willing to be admitted to the Massachusetts Bar).
- 10+ years of experience as an attorney/counsel, with at least 2 years in a law firm supporting clients within software development or technology industries.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (including corporate, litigation, employment, IP, M&A, contract, licensing, data security, data privacy, insurance, and compliance).
- Experience in or excellent understanding of SaaS business model is required.
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively with management, customers and throughout all areas and levels of the business.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex contracts in the technology industry.
- Ability to translate complex legal principles and communicate to management and other functions and levels.
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation and communication skills.
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.