QA Manager Overview
The Software QA Manager will be responsible for delivering high quality software applications and systems to the company users and customers. This person will be instrumental in the management and execution of day-to-day software testing activities and the development, implementation, and standardization of manual and automated testing processes. This includes leading and mentoring of QA team members and the coordination of QA efforts and resources.
This individual will participate in the implementation and execution of all aspects of testing including planning and managing testing efforts, documenting and analyzing test results, and assessing and evaluating test automation tools.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing policies, standard operating procedures, QA processes, and metrics; applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure achievement of quality goals.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testing resources.
- Leverage a variety of tools and techniques to perform functional, regression, integration, security, and stress testing.
- Use various testing methods including black box, white box, and other approaches.
- Interact with project management, development team, and project stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Scope test efforts and develop project milestones and timelines.
- Identify test requirements from functional and technical specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Coordinate/assist in the preparation of the test environment for automation testing.
- Execute and evaluate manual and automated test cases and report test results.
- Ensure that software meets business and design specifications and requirements.
- Document functional defects found during test runs using a defect tracking system and coordinate with the development team regarding remediation of these defects.
- BS or BA degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant QA technical experience.
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Experience in Automation Framework Development using various testing tools to Design, Maintain, and execute scripts
- Expertise in testing Web, Windows and Microsoft SQL Server environments
- Experience with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Preferred)