- In person interview is required
- Location - Sunnyvale, CA (Also available San Francisco location see below)
- Strong background in Site Reliability or DevOps Engineering
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Linux Systems
- Strong experience with configuration management tools:
- Puppet (preferred)
- SaltStack (preferred)
- Chef (alternate)
- Strong scripting abilities with:
- Python (preferred)
- Perl (plus skill)
- Shell (alternate)
- Must have hands on experience with Docker and the ability to create docker images
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Elastic search, Redis, Kafka, Jenkins, Artifactory,Nagios/Sensu/datadog/catchpoint, LAMP, Nginx
SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a highly collaborative and self-starting environment to be a contributing member of the SRE team
- Engineer solutions for the continuous integration and deployment of large scalable applications
- Troubleshoot issues related to scalability and other facets of operations in the context of Site Reliability Engineering
- Develop automation solutions and utilities
- Create and manage Docker images
- Make recommendations for engineering improvements and efficiencies
*Location San Francisco, CA, SRE Engineer
- 4+ years of professional experience in server-side website development or 6+ years in a DevOps role
- A strong foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and programming languages grounds your tools development.
- You have a deep understanding of at least two of the following: linux internals, networking, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, or cloud infrastructure.
- You’ve built tooling to improve reliability of systems, automated remediation of issues, or improve scalability.
- You have 4 or more years experience working in production environments at scale, and want to improve our availability and performance.
- Writing a script should come as second nature to you, and you should have experience with Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl.
- Systems often need to be reconfigured, so you should have experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Chef or Salt. (We use Salt.)
- You should be able to clearly communicate technical details when speaking or writing.
- This position is part of a well established team, and you should be excited about working closely with them, and product development teams.
- Working in the cloud is a little different, so it would be great if you have some experience with AWS or GCP.
- Our environment often has new challenges and technologies, so we want a candidate who is excited to learn
Location San Francisco, Infrastructure Engineer
- Minimum 5-7 years in UNIX systems administration in high-volume production environments
- Expert knowledge of Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Apache, PHP and/or Python and MySQL
- Experience with memcached, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, Linux package management, performance tuning
- Experience writing scripts to automate production systems, including configuration management and monitoring tools, (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, etc)
- Experience with public and private cloud technologies and virtualization.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack
- Background in networking is strongly preferred
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation is required for this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Ideal Candidate
- Information Security background
- Excellent at root cause investigation and problem resolution
- Able to jump in and learn new systems very quickly. Self-starter, able to operate with minimal guidance
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and above all eager to learn something new
Job Type: Contract