Looking for a Medical Assistant that has the ability to quickly prepare patients ahead of time for physician in multiple rooms. This role will be responsible for the oversight of all Medical Assistants and will provide training for new MA’s that come into the company to ensure standards and expectations are achieved.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Responsible for office procedures such as blood draws, EKG’s, urines, etc.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Calls patients with lab results, follow-up information that physician requests MA to complete.
- Re-fills prescriptions as requested by MD.
- Prepares charts, and ensures paperwork is completed and consent forms are secured.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Role may rotate throughout other offices as needed.
- Expected to answer phones when phones are ringing and administrative staff is tied up.
- Expected to greet patient in waiting room and bring to exam room.
- Expected to have a very professional and upbeat personality with patients and other staff members.
- Job Duties as assigned by office administrator.
Minimum required credentials:
- Proficient in eClinical Works is required
- Certified Medical Assistant required
- BLS Certification required
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Medical Assistant license active and in good standing.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management, staff and outside vendors.
- Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability to multi task
- Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature (HIPAA)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology, common medical abbreviations, and chart documentation
- Competence in the use of computers, email, texting, and the current versions of Microsoft Office and other commonly-used business software
- Ability to work independently
- Word, Excel, Outlook skills preferred
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience in the medical environment
Hourly rate, however, if manager position decided upon by employer, salary may be considered with additional benefits based on experience
Part-time and Full-Time for MA positions
Job Type: Full-time