The purpose of this effort is to provide support to the United States Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine (USAFSAM) Academic Development Division (EDD). The USAFSAM EDD provides the direction, guidance, and quality assurance needed for the design, development, validation, and evaluation of both in-resident and online USAFSAM courses listed on the official USAF Education and Training Course Announcement (ETCA) web site as well as other online training products.
Specific duties include:
Education and Work Experience:
- Design and provide educational expertise in the creation of course documentation and curriculum, to include, front-end analysis, learning and task analysis, Specialty/Course Training Standards, Education Plans, objective writing, Plans of Instruction, Study Guide/Workbooks, and measurement devices (written tests, performance test, and progress checks) for all assigned courses.
- Recommend and select instructional platforms, instructional media, development tools, and delivery methods to satisfy e-learning training requirements
- Direct the design, creation, and deployment of all learning.
- Analyze internal and external feedback data such as student feedback from end-of-course evaluations (EOC) and Graduate Assessment Surveys (GAS) for all assigned courses. Based upon this analysis, provide written recommendations for training improvements which reflect sound educational principles.
- Perform ALPHA & BETA testing of online courseware and complete a comprehensive report on the data gathered and offer recommendations for training improvements.
- Conduct or provide guidance in conducting the validation phase of the ISD process to ensure effectiveness in meeting course objectives and required proficiency levels for newly implemented courses.
- Required administrative activities include correcting grammar, spelling, syntax, and formatting to accurately prepare, review, and edit written curriculum and the maintenance and updating of files and records.
- Participate in and support educationally related activities as required. Projects may include office continuity design and USAFSAM specific curriculum guidance creation.
- Have at least five years of knowledge of the Air Force’s Instructional Systems Design (ISD) which follows the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) model for advancement.
- They must have technical training teaching experience and be qualified to teach CCAF certified faculty development and other related courses and to assist in the teaching of faculty development courses. In the absence of current CCAF teaching qualification, they must have at least four years’ experience teaching faculty development or technical training courses and be able to attain CCAF qualification at no expense to the government.
- Must be proficient in current technologies that are used to develop cutting edge educational materials to include technologies such as Adobe Captivate, packaging and delivering Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) packages, gaming, 3D modeling, virtual reality and simulation.
- Must possess extensive organizational skills and the ability to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have outstanding filing, organizational, and communication, and typing skills as well as extensive experience with the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat programs.
- Possess a Bachelors’ degree or higher which includes or is supplemented by 24 semester hours in formal coursework focusing on education, instructional design, and/or learning theory, as well as previous experience in management of Management of Air Force Technical Training Formal Courses.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
In addition to competitive pay, Visual Awareness Technologies and Consulting, Inc. offers its employees a very competitive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.