Grady Health System offers many career paths for experienced professionals. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages of your career, you can find a rewarding career at Grady!
The Technical Assistant performs specimen processing and distribution functions in preparation for analysis by a Medical Technologist after confirming the accuracy of the patient identification. Provides specimen collection information and any applicable special instructions to providers. Communicates test results to appropriate individuals in accordance with standard clinical laboratory procedure.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous laboratory experience preferred
- Must possess the ability to follow laboratory procedures and occasionally function autonomously.
- Exposure to Clinical Laboratory procedures, personal computer functions, and laboratory information systems required
- Understanding of Clinical Laboratory test accessioning, specimen collection and processing, and result retrieval and reporting principals
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.