Albuquerque is a multicultural city creating a rich and vibrant metropolis. Its southwestern culture is the backdrop for strong economic and cultural dynamism, highly rated byForbes, American Style, USA Today and Kiplinger’s. Total Management Systems, Inc. is proud to headquarter its operation in this magical city where we enjoy sunrises, sunsets, sunlight and luminarias year-round. The chosen candidate will join our company and reside in Albuquerque.
Established in 1980, Total Management Systems, Inc. is a privately held, performance-driven hotel management and development company. Our service culture is demonstrated in the way we treat our team members, our guests, investors and in our social responsibility. We are a hands-on organization whose backbone is comprised of leaders with experience in all facets of hotel management.
Within our organization, we live and practice our unwavering commitment to every team member: We’ve got your back! Whether it’s to further their careers, a personal challenge or need, whether they are staying with the company or moving to another company, our commitment doesn’t waffle. We take care of our team members every need, every time, when that need is within our control.
We hold franchise and management licenses with Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Marriott International, Choice Hotels International, Inc. and Best Western International, Inc. In addition to our current portfolio of nine upper midscale and upper, upper midscale hotels, our pipeline includes three hotels in different phases of development, including a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel in partnership with the New Mexico State University in Las Cruces. Our master growth plan is strategic in pursuing acquisitions and new-build development in liquid markets where we find pockets of opportunity.
The primary objectives of the Regional Manager as the position relates to operations, is to lead, manage and oversee the operation of all hotels and to ultimately take the performance of our hotels in all aspects to a level that exceeds the company’s goals and expectations.
The second primary objective of the Regional Manager position is to assist the president/ceo in the all phases of developing new-build hotels and acquisition opportunities.
- Management objectives are crafted around a mix of revenues and profit optimization to increase the value of each asset.
- Our success is driven by our people.We are dedicated to offering on-going training, promotions and growth opportunity for each team member.We strive to be the employer of choice and to retain our engaged team members.This position requires an involved leader who will inspire our teams to greatness, to become engaged and to have fun in the workplace.
- Create innovative agendas for general managers’ annual awards conference and meetings.
- Social Responsibility and support of our communities is paramount to TMS.This position requires an experienced leader with some charitable organization knowledge who will be dedicated to guiding our hotel teams in supporting their chosen charitable organization.
- Enrich each hotel and increase that asset’s value by maintaining and enforcing an effective preventative maintenance program.
- Conducts regularly scheduled property visits to ensure brand and company standards are achieved.
- Monitors and promptly prepares action plans to correct or improve property brand performance if below brand averages, quality assurance audit improvement planners, and social media rankings.
- Ensures each general manager is trained and compliant with company policy and procedures, and effectively communicating each procedure to management.
- Each hotel’s total revenue growth will be measured against prior year, competitors, and STR Indexes.
- Each hotel’s guest satisfaction will be measured by brand guest responses, and all other metric scores.This position will strive to continually improve YOY and MOM results.
- Risk management expertise is required to minimize risk at every level, including knowledge to initiate safety and security programs, loss control practices, internal controls, policies and procedures.
- E-commerce/digital marketing – Sufficient knowledge to understand value of direct online marketing and channels that drive that revenue. Ensure online presence operates effectively and competitively.
- Experience in creative direct sales targeting corporate, leisure groups and meetings is essential to implement ideas that drive incremental revenue.
- Food and beverage service is becoming more prominent in the hotel brands we are incorporating into our portfolio. This position requires a leader with food and beverage background or experience who will create programs that include concept development, training, food preparation, cost control, operating standards, wine, beer and spirits. The objective is to elevate the experience of each guest who enjoys food and beverage service in our hotels.
- Technology – We believe technology drives growth, enhances the guest experience and influences our bottom line. We tread methodically when focusing on investing in solutions that provide value now and for near future efficiencies. The position of Regional Manager requires expertise in hospitality technology to contribute ideas on the necessary technological tools that will inspire growth and greatness for our company and our hotels.
- Total Management Systems has a culture of financial commitment to its investors. This position requires a leader with a clear vision on how to improve efficiencies without sacrificing guest service to measurably increase our bottom line
We invite qualified candidates to visit our website at www.tmsnm.com and explore the opportunity of joining a growing, entrepreneurial, performance-driven organization where you will play a key role in achieving the desired growth for our organization.
- The Regional Manager will be based in Albuquerque, NM.
- A genuine commitment to a long-term working relationship.
- Bachelors or Masters’ Degree.
- Stellar leadership, training and team building skills!
- Three years’ experience in a vice-president or regional role overseeing a portfolio of hotels.
- Pre-opening hotel experience in a leadership position.
- Three years’ experience in a vice-president and advanced hotel development role where you were instrumental in site selection, interpreting feasibility, valuation, appraisals, market trends, franchise and brand selection, and project management.
- Must be insightful with a deep understanding of orchestrating detail and wrapping the elements of a project into a timely execution.
- Prepare extensive due diligence, analysis and evaluations that align with the company’s vision and master growth plan.
- A visionary entrepreneur with strong business sense who has creative skill and thinks outside of the norm.
- Personal and interpersonal skill - Qualified candidates will have a proven success record of building high-performing teams that embrace a shared vision for success. The qualified candidate will demonstrate natural respect and integrity toward officers of the company and all team members comprised of a diverse workforce.
- A hands-on management style.
- A strong hotel accounting acumen and basic financial knowledge to optimize net operating income. Qualified candidates will illustrate their knowledge in creating a business plan, corresponding budgets and their accurate interpretation of P&L Statements.
- Technical expertise with proficiency in internet navigation, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and a keen knowledge of property management systems.
- Knowledge of the franchises and brands in our portfolio is helpful.
Job Type: Full-time