The AllocationAnalyst will manage retail inventory flow by channel and monitor the performance of assigned product categories to ensure inventory levels, product mix, and quantities are appropriate to maximize store productivity and achieve overall company’s financial objectives.
The AllocationAnalyst is responsible for developing and implementing allocation and replenishment strategies for designated channels and assigned merchandise categories. This individual will conduct quantitative analysis to make independent decisions in accordance with the company’s financial plans, store attributes, and inventory turn objectives. The position will manage replenishment to stores by executing standard replenishment processes for all SKU’s.
The AllocationAnalyst will be accountable for ensuring that stores are at optimal inventory levels and that presentation requirements are met.
The Allocation Analyst will work to improve store in stock by reviewing store demand to optimize store orders that contributes to overall in stock levels with an appropriate balance of inventory that is both acceptable to our customers experience while assisting in maximizing inventory profitability.
This position will also maintain an open line of collaboration and communication with the cross functional teams and stores alike regarding inventory needs and strategies to drive sales and overall support of smooth departmental processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily analysis and execution of the allocation process for all business channels
- Review forecasts, sales trends and advertising strategies to manage flow to achieve appropriate store inventory position
- Identify optimal safety stock levels for all item-store combinations
- Monitor and manage store forecasts to eliminate forecast error
- Determine strategy and execute on key In Store Events and special flows
- Work collaboratively with stores to improve forecasts and inventory positions considering each store’s unique situation and constraints
- Develop scorecards, dashboards, and exception reports to pinpoint opportunities for improvement in the allocation of product
- Collaborate with department members to provide insight to help maintain the appropriate DC Safety Stock level for all items
- Provide allocation strategies to cross functional department to assist in all new items or special allocation needs as requested.
- Analyze and make recommendations on improved ship units and pack sizes
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
Requirements: Job Qualification – Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 -3 years Inventory, Purchasing or retail management experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of retail inventory management and forecasting
- Proven track record as a decision maker
- Teamwork and Leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
Physical Requirements - General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Excel: 2 years (Required)
- Inventory Management: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave