At WanderJaunt, we believe that by making it easier than ever before to travel and experience new places and cultures we can create a more harmonious world. One of the biggest barriers to travel today is the tradeoff customers are forced to make between price and reliability when it comes to accommodations. We set out to change that by delivering the consistency and quality of a 5-star hotel at a sharing economy price.
Our talented team of designers, engineers, and operators deliver exceptional experiences to our guests and homeowner partners alike. We partner directly with homeowners to provide a hassle-free stream of income while offering travelers a consistent, high-quality stay in beautifully designed properties. We handle every aspect of running a short-term rental from interior design and guest services to maintenance and pricing, all powered by a homegrown software platform for managing a decentralized network of short term rentals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Manage our team of cleaning professionals. Interview, train, and schedule cleaning professionals. Conduct performance evaluations and take appropriate action.
Establishes detailed cleaning and preventive maintenance programs to ensure appearance and life of all furniture, fixtures and equipment. Sets and maintains high standards of cleanliness. Assigns cleaning professionals to complete the needed activities for the day. Monitors activities to assure that standards are being met, cleaning professionals are being supported and guest needs are being met. Inspects all areas of responsibilities daily. Works directly with outside contracted companies to assure quality and timeliness of work.
Assures financial goals of the department are being met. Monitors and controls labor expenses and other divisional expenses such as uniforms, linens, guest supplies, cleaning supplies and contract services. Establishes and maintains accurate inventory records. Participates in periodic linen, uniform and supplies inventories. Recommends appropriate actions based on results of inventory. Assures that equipment is properly maintained.
Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well-being of our guests and cleaning professionals. Responds swiftly and effectively in any emergency of safety situations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with cleaning professionals by promoting teamwork and fostering a harmonious working climate
- Foster a professional, passionate and positive work environment
- Able to work alone without direct supervision
- Demonstrate high degree of drive and determination
- Constantly recommend service and product improvements to better the operation
- Highly organized and has the ability to plan multiple activities and meet deadlines with the ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; phone skills, customer service oriented, proactive and a team player
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
- Understand guests service needs and exceeds expectations
- Keep the work area clean and tidy at all times
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years of managerial experience
- 3-4 years of housekeeping in a hotel services or residential cleaning environment