- Supervising Experience
- Customer Service
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
The General Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring resources affecting the financial objectives of the company and to grow the business for the assigned location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (This is a list of essential job duties but is not intended to be exhaustive. Other duties may be added or removed at management discretion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All duties listed may not be required at all locations.)
People Development and Management Duties:
- Responsible for the profitability of the assigned location which includes leading the location in accomplishing all WIGs set for the organization.
- Provides a leadership role in conveying positive interactions between departments and regions, as well as customers, promoting a commitment to Trivista Companies, Inc. through positive role-modeling and representation of the organization to both employees and customers..
- Is readily available for assisting/solving all problems/questions that arise for customers and/or employees while striving to ensure the positive outcome of the situation.
- Assists direct department reports in developing workflow process through continuous improvement and statistical thinking.
- Work with the Parts and Service teams to grow customer base.
- Monitor daily operations and make recommendations for an improved course of action when necessary.
- Understand and support an environment of continuous improvement and implement activities to positively impact the results of Parts and Service.
- Communicates with suppliers, looking for ways to improve our business relationships, provide services to our employees, and manage our cost on a long-term basis.
- Promote a ‘Safety First’ work environment by assisting in the development, implementation and enforcement of Define leadership needs within the department.
- Assess current individual leadership capabilities and work with HR Director and Regional HR Generalist to create a Human Capital Plan.
- Coaching and discipline prior to any action being taken.
- Evaluate performance and develop short and long-term goals of direct reports.
- Establish and Execute Parts and Service Compliance with Navistar Diamonds
- Understand the Diamonds and what impacts the ratings for both Service and Parts.
- Support annual goals of 100% Navistar Certification in Service and Parts.
- Demonstrate leadership needed to reach stretch goals.
- Effectively communicate the status of ratings and develop action plans to address areas of improvement.
Financial Results Management:
- Participate in developing strategy to include forecasting, budgeting and monitoring trends that impact the company’s growth and performance.
- Review and communicate departmental results compared to forecast to ensure consistency with annual projections.
- Active involvement in assisting the other GM’s with their budget and planning preparation.
- Provide explanation regarding any variances from Plan for all departments in assigned location. Work in conjunction with corporate accounting to ensure understanding on the part of the regional president and corporate officers regarding the financial results of the assigned location.
- Consult with Chief Financial Officer to initiate requests for capital expenditures needed to promote the business of the assigned location.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS /TRAINING/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 7+ years general business background
- 2+ years supervisory experience preferred with some industry knowledge.
- Ability to analyze complex and varied financial data and produce required financial reports.
- Must be customer sensitive and able to listen, understand and communicate professionally with all customers, both external and internal.
- Maintain a high degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of dealer and fleet maintenance procedures and systems.
- Working knowledge of International and supplier/vendor warranty policies.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing within the department and other areas of the Company as necessary.
- Ability to interpret and work from oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate all office equipment necessary to accomplish job duties such as computers, calculators, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to legibly document data for record keeping purposes.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Ability to work daily as required.
- Paid Time Off
Full time Mon-Fri schedule
No relocation provided
Indeed Hire and Trivista Company are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Truck Dealer and Fleet Maintenance Procedures and Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Automotive or Truck Dealership: 7 years (Required)
- Painesville, OH: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)