· Implementation of new technology for client networks and environments; billing customer for project work
· On-site installation support and Dynamic contact for assigned clients during projects
· On an as needed basis for overflow situations, remotely supports customer's workstation, server & network infrastructure environments, troubleshooting & resolving basic and complex issues related to all aspects of IT to include the documentation of all service issues and resolutions within each ticket and keeping accurate time tracking for service tickets on a daily basis; escalating complex customer issues to senior IT staff and/or third party vendors as appropriate. Acts as resource for other Help Desk Engineers for escalation of advanced support issues as needed
· Creates related documentation, standards and procedures to comply with corporation and industry standards.
· Attends business meetings and collaborates with fellow support engineers and management team members to develop "best practices" policies and procedures, and to identify and resolve issues to help create a flexible and efficient organization.
· Periodically inventory video adapters and other commonly used accessories for customer projects
· Performs all other duties as assigned
work experience requirements
· 3-5 years of broad experience with a variety of software and hardware solutions and adaptability required.
· Advanced knowledge of current technology and networking troubleshooting (DNS, switches, firewalls, VPN, etc.) is required
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; providing exceptional customer service
· Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
· Team player with the ability to take ownership of an area, following assigned tasks through to successful completion;
Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
· Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following: Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Windows Server Operating systems, Email, DNS, Client & Server level email, Outlook/Exchange 365, Networking, Firewalls and VPN, Active Directory, Backup & disaster recovery solutions, Antivirus and spyware/malware/system remediation; Virtualization.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications/training/experience in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field.
· Microsoft A+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, Security+, Network+ or MCITP certification or other related certifications helpful
Job Type: Full-time