The Senior Statistician will be responsible for oversight of data cleaning and management, the development and maintenance of clinical research databases, and the development and execution of complex data analyses and modeling projects. This person will be responsible for monitoring data entry across collaborating institutions and should have previous experience with predictive modeling of electronic health record data. They are responsible for reporting statistical data results and analyses for various research projects. The staff member will be responsible for providing data for abstract and manuscript submissions. The candidate will also assist with the development of abstracts, posters, presentations, and manuscripts and will be involved in project monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, oversight of trainees, and dissemination of program results. This individual will also serve to oversee the data management team that includes other staff analysts and data managers and other research team members who may require data analysis support. By performing these duties, the Senior Statistician will work with the PI, department, sponsor, and institution to provide analytical results and guidance on relevant aspects of the clinical study.
- Performs activities related to data analysis, including cleaning and organizing of data, predictive modeling of large datasets, and use of statistical programs for analysis such as STATA, R, SQL, & Python.
- Anticipate data management needs, including identifying when data pulls will be necessary, identifying appropriate sources of data, etc.
- Prepare study analysis and results for manuscripts and publications.
- Protect patients and data confidentiality by ensuring security of research data and personal health information.
- Manage the development of projects and oversees all ongoing projects.
- Conduct research in area of expertise.
- Help plan prospective studies by performing power calculations, identifying a priori analysis plans, etc.
- Collaborate with other researchers on long-range plans for research projects.
- Investigate, modify and apply new procedures, techniques or applications of technology.
- In collaboration with senior research faculty and personnel, participates as skilled individual contributor and/or lead researcher as expert in specialized area.
- Serves as the supervisor of the data management/analysis team
- Contributes to research reports and manuscripts
- Presents research findings at meetings.
- Experience organizing and managing large datasets required.
- Ability to use statistical programs (STATA, R, etc.) to run statistical analyses required.
- Skilled with predictive modeling.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently required.
- Ability to read and understand clinical trials protocols required.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Familiarity with medical and scientific terminology required.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in statistics/epidemiology/computer science or related field required.
- PhD in a related or scientific field preferred.
- Four years of experience conducting data analysis with analytic software (Stata, R, etc.), query design, and presentation of data required.
- Four years of experience of working in multi-team, clinical research environment required.
- Previous grant writing experience; manuscript writing; program management and/or development experience preferred.
- Experience contributing to clinical research projects preferred.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before