Are you known for your critical thinking, clear communication skills, and the ability to “ask the right questions”? Do you find creative solutions and involve the right people at the right time? Have you had successful experiences delivering a solution that is exactly what the business wants? Are you as interested in the “right” company culture as you are in the “right” position?
alligatortek is looking for a Senior Business Analystwho has a passion for technology, experience in the analysis of desktop and web-enabled applications, and strong project planning and management skills. alligatortek is the leader in developing software applications that fuel growth. Over the last 20 years, we have helped our clients to gain market share and expand their businesses by developing desktop applications and building web browser-based solutions.
This exciting role consists of the following:
- During the requirements phase of a project, works with business stakeholders to understand system functionality & requirements.
- Derive technical specifications from functional requirements for development teams.
- Coordinate with developers to assure that there is a clear understanding of all functional requirements.
- During the development phase, serve as a liaison between development and business customers to help resolve conflicting design/functional requirements.
- Track resources and accountability to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Manage project milestones, risks, and deadlines and provide necessary level of visibility to stakeholders
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Articulate and able to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing.
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in a technical field (computer science or comparable experience).
- Experience in the analysis, design, and implementation of software solutions, systems, or products.
- Good understanding of data modeling, workflow modeling, and use case development.
- Good understanding of relational databases, such as SQL and Access.
- Ability to handle several projects at any given stage.
- Motivation to be a self-starter to meet the needs of customers.
- Excellent foundation of programming concepts and methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of both development and QA processes.
- Ability to understand complex business problems and translate into appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications as well as assist in envisioning scope of projects.
- Ability to meet and manage to project deadlines, escalate issues, and drive projects through to completion
Our Company Vision – software to fuel business growth
We offer Best in Class compensation along with Superior Benefits:
- Energetic work environment
- Robust HMO & PPO medical coverage from Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
- 401(k) Plan with 4% Company Match
- Quarterly team events and Annual Holiday/end-of-year party
- Stocked kitchen with Keurig and snacks
- Summer hours available
We’ve pulled in a number of awards that address our company culture, as well as, client work that we do:
- 2016 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2016 Chicago’s Best & Brightest Companies to Work For
- 2015 & 2014 National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For
- 2015 Microsoft Partner of the Year - Innovative Technology for Good Citizenship
- 2014 People’s Choice Award at the Chicago Innovation Award Ceremony
- Named a 2013 Brill Street Top 50 Gen Y Employers (Chicago)
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Analysis: 2 years
Required work authorization: