Join our community of Childcare Providers and Educators!
The Ivy Elite Network is currently seeking energetic, reliable, experienced Child Caregivers to join our exciting Ivy Care Kids team! In this role, you will see to the children’s basic needs, provide an enriching learning environment, and create a safe, compassionate experience for our little ones. To succeed in this position, you should be patient, enthusiastic, creative, personal and fun-loving, with a passion for child development, care, and learning.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide responsible care for children
- Maintain a professional attitude, respecting family privacy at all times
- Provide enriching educational activities
- Provide structure and accountability in a compassionate fashion
- Help children with toileting/diaper changes as needed
- Provide many opportunities for children to learn and develop age-appropriate skills
- Supervising and teaching youth daily living skills
- Provide any hygiene/personal care needs including grooming and dressing
- Maintain the home by performing cleaning duties
Our Ideal Candidate should possess the following:
- A passion for working with children and playing a key role in their development
- A desire to have fun with kids by keeping them engaged in activities, supporting learning environments, and providing high-quality services while parents have the opportunity to take a break.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Personable, motivated, and professional in his/her conduct.
- Exceptional patience and ability to remain calm at all times
- Excellent listening skills and an engaging demeanor
- Creativity, compassion, and professionalism are a must
- Fun and enthusiastic attitude
- Willing to sing, dance, and “be silly” with the children
- Physically able to perform tasks, including sitting on the floor, bending, and standing
- Must be able to lift children weighing up to 30 lbs regularly
- Maintain the ability to diffuse a possible situation if the child is engaging in undesired behaviors (i.e. tantrums, aggression, etc.).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Authorization to work anywhere in the United States
- High school diploma or GED required (college degree is strongly preferred)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety (Must be obtained within the first 6 weeks of employment)
- At least one year of experience working with children in a professional or voluntary setting (Verifiable References Required)
- Red Cross or American Heart Association First Aid & CPR certified and a cleared TB test (required within first 30 days of employment)
- Valid Driver’s License and/or Reliable transportation
- Clean driving record (No DUIs in the last 3 years)
- Must not be actively employed or contracted by a nanny agency
- Possess basic computer and smartphone skills
Perks of joining the IvyCare Team:
- A fun, active and fulfilling job working with a diverse variety of families and children.
- Flexible hours: Ability to set availability a month in advance
- Safe work environment and convenient working terms.
- App-based tools to manage your availability, scheduling and job assignments.
- No searching for repeat jobs; you are staffed through the Network.
- A defined path to bi-annual raises based on total hours worked and family survey feedback.
- Job-related certifications and on-going training are paid for through the Network after 1 year of active employment.
- Be a valued part of an elite team and create long-lasting partnerships and network connections
- Ability to earn more through advanced training paths and other work opportunities within the network.
Job Type: Part-Time, Full-Time, Temporary (Occasional)
Salary: $12.00 to $22.00 /hour; Negotiable depending on experience, educational level, and availability.
Network Locations Hiring:
- DMV Metro Area: District of Columbia, Southern Maryland, Northern Virginia
- North Carolina: Raleigh-Durham, Charlotte, Fayetteville/Fort Bragg
- Georgia: Greater Atlanta Metro
If This Sounds Like You, Apply Now!
Please e-mail resume to the link provided, and a hiring manager will contact you soon!
Proud Partner of The Ivy Elite Network, LLC
EOE Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $12.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Childcare and/or Education: 2 years (Required)
- Clean Driving Record: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Required)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more