YMCA Buffalo Niagara fulfills its mission by offering a full spectrum, of youth development, health and wellness, social, and recreational programs to more than 100,000 people in Western New York, regardless of race, religion, age, ability, and income level.
As a dynamic, charitable community-based organization, the Y provides financial assistance to thousands of youth, families, and seniors each year so that they can take part in YMCA membership and programs. YMCA Buffalo Niagara is comprised of seven branches throughout Western New York, YMCA Resident Camp Weona, and provides program at over 40 community based program sites.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Instructs and coaches participants in martial arts classes.
- Responsible for the setup and breakdown of program area and for the maintenance and control
of supplies and equipment.
- Implements program activities according to the plan and schedule. Ensure YMCA program standards are met.
- Provides leadership and guidance to participants.
Ensures the safety of participants.
- Ensures effective communication with participants, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Records participant attendance, skill level achievement, and other required
- Enforces safety rules and reports and treats any injuries.
- Distributes and collects program satisfaction surveys.
- Attends and participates in required staff meetings and trainings sessions.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have and maintain Black Belt designation or program specific credentials.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience teaching martial arts classes.
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise youth groups.
- Strong customer services skills.
This is a fast paced and family focused recreational environment. The noise level is moderate but can be loud. The facility may have 2 floors, accessible by stairs and elevator.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to: bend, stoop, kneel, twist, sit, reach with hands,
grasp, stand, listen, speak, have finger dexterity, hear, walk, run, lift up to 40 pounds, push, pull, and have visual acuity.
The employee must remain alert at all times.
Successfully complete New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention training and Bloodborne Pathogens training before
beginning work at the assigned location.
Attend and participate in all required staff
training sessions and meetings.
A broad based successful Youth Sports Program with a growing enrollment and revenue base.
Compliance with all YMCA and other appropriate program standards.
A safe and stimulating environment for participants.
The YMCA will project a positive image in the community
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is a charitable, community based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.