Are you professional and personable?
Are you someone who enjoys a challenging and dynamic job?
Do you enjoy helping people?
Can you reliably commute to Stewart airport?
Are you looking for a professional growth opportunity in the airport community?
If you can answer yes to these questions, then you may be a perfect fit for the Airport Customer Experience Specialist (ACES) position with Gateway Group One.
Who are the ACESs?
ACESs are Airport Customer Experience Specialists that have been known as Customer Care Representatives for over 20 years. They have also been referred to as Red Coats by the airport community.
- Provide a variety of information to customers/travelers, provide direction, resolve problems and/or complaints and assist as needed
- Handle customer concerns and questions in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide answers to all general inquiries from customers and other airport visitors
- Support the airport in managing short-term (flight cancellations, terminal changes, etc.) and long-term (airport development projects) changes
- Be a positive, pleasant and engaging representative of the Port Authority of NY/NJ and the New York Airport community
- Able to stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and/or move items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, bend and kneel
- Must be able to use your fingers/hands to use a keyboard or tablet
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Customer Service experience is a requirement, airport experience a plus
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Must have a professional appearance
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BEING AN ACES?
- You MUST be available to work a variety of shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- You MUST be willing to work outdoors as well as indoors
- You MUST pass the ACES training program with a 80% (or higher) test score and an evaluation period
- You MUST be willing to maintain a professional and well-kept appearance, as in a neat and clean uniform at all times, natural color hair colors and tattoos that can be easily covered with clothing
NOTE: To work at the airport, you must be able to obtain a Port Authority I.D. You will be required to meet all Port Authority requirements. Job seekers will be required to get fingerprinted, which will review your record nationally. Job seekers must have no conviction, guilty plea or not guilty judgment by reason of insanity in the last 10 years.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.60 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply