Banner Metals Group has grown from a full-service metal stamping company into a complete metal products group which provides metal stamping, fabrication, welding, CNC machining, laser cutting, and complete engineering services to a wide variety of demanding industries throughout the world.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Shipping/Receiving associate to ship, receive, and deliver supplies, materials and equipment, and maintain inventory control and records. This is a full time position with the hours of Monday through Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- To load and unload materials both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks from all outside service vendors and raw material suppliers.
- To perform all related functions such as checking for damaged goods and quantity/quality verification.
- Establish priority of the order of quality assurance inspection of incoming raw material.
- Responsible to follow proper procedures in the safe and technically sound storage of all incoming materials.
- While executing all responsibilities and duties, responsible to actively pursue the highest level of cleanliness and organization of the materials and the shipping and receiving areas.
- Responsible for all customer requirements in relationship to packaging, payment procedures, billing procedures, and trucking vendors.
- Responsible to perform boxing sequences of finished parts into containers when required to satisfy customer boxing specifications.
- Prepare shipments to customers and outside processors; coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules and receiving activities.
- Assist in implementing customer packaging specifications and perform occasional packaging audits as required.
- Responsible for inventory control including regularly scheduled cycle counts and shop supply inventory.
- Operate a personal computer to complete all shipping and receiving documentation with a high level of accuracy.
- Provide customer service to incoming/outgoing freight carrier service providers including scheduling coordination activities.
- Provide material handling support as needed.
Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing; good written and oral communication skills; experience in the handling, storage and shipping of materials and supplies utilizing material handling equipment. Ability to access and enter information on a computer. Must be capable of passing mental and physical tests required to be licensed to drive a fork lift. High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Expected to be physically capable of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Four-day work week
- Climate controlled (A/C) facilities
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- FSA and 401(k) plan with company match
- PTO and holidays
Banner Metals Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status or any other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Shipping And Receiving: 1 year (Required)