TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, ALL APPLICANTS MUST GO TO THE JOB OPPORTUNITIES PAGE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE WWW.MCTX.ORG TO DOWNLOAD A COUNTY APPLICATIONS. APPLICATIONS CAN BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL, FAXED 936-788-8396 OR HAND DELIVERED AT 501 N THOMPSON, STE 400, CONROE, TX 77301.
JOB POSTINGS AND APPLICATION AT: https://mctx.org/departments/departments\_g\_-\_j/human\_resources/job\_opportunities.php
PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE OR EMAIL THROUGH INDEED.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- General office/Clerical experience
- Customer service experience
- Ability to work well with the Public, in person and/or by phone, by writing or email
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure with constant interruptions
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- MUST be a Team player, able to work in a fast-pace environment and multi-task
- Compassion for animals, comfortable working in shelter environment & willing to accommodate animals in the work place
- Knowledge of animal breeds and behavior helpful
- Willingness to cross-train and accept additional duties as assigned
- Able to meet attendance requirements and work any schedule as assigned
- Assist clients with companion intake, adoption and/or reclaim processes
- Facilitate client/companion interactions to ensure a safe and pleasant experience
- Complete adoption agreements, microchip registration forms, provide and discuss medical history
- Assist clients with completing necessary and required documents
- Answer telephone calls promptly and courteously, providing accurate information
- Responsible for incoming financial transactions
- Complete all necessary forms and data entry to process adoptions while keeping an eye to detail
- Complete timely and accurate computer data entry, ensure data integrity using both paper and computer based filing systems
- Responsible for accurately closing and balancing cash drawer
- Ensure the lobby and work stations are kept clean, orderly and maintained daily
- Operate and maintain general office equipment and report equipment or supply needs
- Must be able to work with any and all animal breeds
- Any other duties as assigned
After receiving a conditional offer of employment, applicant must pass a drug screen (1/2 cost = $20.00, responsibility of applicant) and may need a physical agility test (1/2 cost = $22.50, responsibility of applicant) before becoming an employee of Montgomery County.
TO APPLY YOU MUST DO SO ON THE MONTGOMERY COUNTY WEBSITE: www.mctx.org
All applications must be on the Montgomery County application form. Completed applications can be emailed to the email address at the top of the application.
You must FIRST take the Montgomery County Clerical Test and pass with the required scores before you can submit an application for this position.
\*A VALID PICTURE ID IS REQUIRED TO TAKE CLERICAL TEST!
TEST TYPE & SCORE REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
Testing Location: Commissioners Court Building 501 N. Thompson, Suite 204 Conroe, TX 77304
No appointment necessary, testing is administered on a walk-in basis. Limited testing stations; first come, first served.
Testing Days/Time: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8:30a.m. only. \*No testing on county holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.69 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location