ShippingEasy is looking for a mid to senior level software developer interested in some or all of the following: Ruby, Rails, React, code quality, performance tuning and scaling a growing business.
Though our primary application is a Rails/React/Postgres stack, we’ve also developed services using Amazon Lambda, Elasticsearch and Go.
What we offer:
- A mature development environment that is challenging, supportive, flexible and family-friendly
- The opportunity to make customer-facing impacts in your first week of coding
- Weekly deployments
- An architecture that moves beyond the standard Rails stack
- A product team that is focused on code quality and test coverage
- The option to work remotely most days of the week
- A training and conference allowance
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a 401k and stock options from our parent company, Stamps.com
What we’re looking for:
- You focus on solving business problems with maintainable, tested code
- You like working independently but you also enjoy giving/receiving feedback and brainstorming with your teammates
- You have “strong opinions, weakly held”
- You communicate clearly
- You have a Github account or code examples to demonstrate the quality of your work
- You have experience writing or consuming API’s
- You look forward to incremental refactoring to make things better
- You ideally live in Austin, Texas, though we are remote-friendly.
Job Type: Full-time