Automation Controls Engineer
1. Design and develop machine control systems.
2. Create all drawings as related to a given machine’s electrical control system, including schematics,
panel and cabinet layout, pneumatics, fabrication, and assembly drawings.
3. Develop machine process control logic.
4. Select machine electrical components, including sensors, processor (PLC, PC), enclosures,
pushbuttons, motors, etc.
5. Wire and troubleshoot all machine electrical components.
6. Perform and document all machine programming.
7. Interface with other departments to create or modify control systems, process logic, and trouble-shoot
8. Coordinate communications with and services provided by outside vendors, including component
selection, training, build services, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The candidate should be proficient with Allen Bradley RS Logix, 5000, & 500, RS View, RSSQL, HMI
Operator Interface, Multi-Axis servo Control, Vision and Robotic Controls Programming, and Pneumatics.
Must be capable of sound decision making and have the ability to communicate at all levels of the
Education & Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 5 years
focused experience designing control systems for custom automation equipment including hands on
equipment installation and start-up experience.
We offer a competitive salary plus a full range of benefits including medical, dental, disability, life, flexible
spending accounts, 401(k), educational reimbursement, and more. ASYST Technologies LLC is an Equal