Senior Electrical Engineering Leader - (18000037)
As a member of the Ruckus Wireless- ARRIS company you will manage a small team of Electronic and System Engineers, including digital, analog, and CAD designers. You will be responsible for electrical design and project management of the hardware portion of development projects, working closely with the cross-functional team. You will be supervising the team throughout the development process including schematic design, layout, EVT builds, validation and optimization. You are ultimately accountable for hardware schedule, performance and quality.
- Recruit, manage and maintain an electrical hardware design team.
- Project management of HW development, coordinating activity of various HW groups such as digital design, board layout, RF, antennas, mechanical and DVT team.
- Work with Product Manager to derive requirements and obtain executive approval.
- Create and track hardware project plans, including schedule and manpower loading. Coordinate with the cross functional schedule.
- Propose and implement hardware specific and cross-functional development processes.
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
- Attend and/or lead cross-functional engineering teams including Software Engineering, QA and Project Management.
- Work with the Operations team for factory test and NPI build support.
- Drive execution of projects to meet product requirements.
- Present project status to the executive team.
- Coordinate and plan engineering prototype builds.
- Ensure timely release of all design documentation in Arena PLM system.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering.
- 7+ years managing engineering teams.
- 3+ years as a project manager.
- HW management experience.
- Electrical hardware engineering expertise – Baseband, RF or electronic engineer.
- All around system level integration experience: Digital, Analog, RF, Systems Engineering.
- Proven track record of delivering high volume product to overseas production.
- Familiarity with all phases of hardware development including schematic entry, signal integrity practices and theories, good working knowledge of PCB fabrication, manufacturing and DFM practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Start-up attitude is essential.
ARRIS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their race, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation
Primary Location: NORTH_AMERICA-United States-CA-USACASUN2-Sunnyvale
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 12:39:03 AM
Job Type: Experienced