Leidos is seeking Software Developer who will be part of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's En-Route Automation Modernization ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast. ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
ERAM functions include:
- Real-Time Programming on High Availability Systems
- Multi-threaded programming
- Application level programming including Flight Data Processing and Interface Proxies
- Functionally Oriented Infrastructure Programming of Common Services utilized by Applications.
- Low Level Operating Systems Customization (RedHat, AIX)
- Low level communication software (TCP-IP, UDP, SCTP)
- System Maintenance Concepts Responsibilities
- Modernizing the AT control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system.
- Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems to Linux. Detailed knowledge of Linux OS and OS concepts desirable.
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software on a UNIX/Linux platform.
- Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
- Coordinate Solutions with Systems Engineering
- Coordinate the development of new capabilities and upgrade to common services provided the applications via the FlightDeck API
Typically requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
Some related programming experience via internship or coop
Desire to learn multiple programming languages
Have experience in the SW process, process improvement, SW tracking and architecture.
Understanding of Software Engineering life cycle
Leadership skills through prior positions/experience
Use of Unix and Configuration Management skills are required
Trouble shooting support - effectively respond to users requests
Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
Self-Starter and ability to multitask
Development skills in the Linux/Unix environment