Leidos is seeking a Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer to be located at Grovetown, Georgia, USA who will be primarily responsible for providing the virtual server, desktop and storage infrastructure of accredited C4 networks within PM -Tactical Networks.
The candidate will provide E&I support on a team responsible for designing, integrating, and improving the PM-Tactical Network’s infrastructure across various solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for support to the Army’s Regional Hub Node (RHN) O&M team to aid in implementation of solutions based on customer requirements.
The Virtualization Infrastructure Engineer will implement VI strategies for the accredited C4 networks consistent with DoD and Federal guidance respectively. The candidate will create/review technical designs and make recommendations to the technical lead of the project regarding the VI aspects of the solutions. Other duties include but are not limited to;
- Bring an Innovative approach to the specialty field(s) of expertise on a team.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of new products, maintain knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Plan, Design, and Implement emerging technologies for added capabilities while also cutting YOY CAPEX and OPEX costs.
- Manage projects as a technical lead, possibly overseeing other engineers.
- Brief senior leaders within the government on current projects and decision briefs for roadmap emerging technologies.
- Document requirements and properly manage updates & deployments using existing change management processes.
- Participate in the identification and resolution of complex infrastructure problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
- Provide cross-training and mentoring to existing engineering personnel in various fields.
- Must have 8-10 years of Systems Engineering experience or equivalent Bachelor's + 4-6 yrs. related experience, or MS + 2-4 yrs. Experience.
- Must have 4+ years of PowerShell scripting within Microsoft Windows enterprise and VMware environments. This experience must be in writing/developing PowerShell scripts and using VMware’s PowerCLI.
- A certification IAW DoD 8570.1 Technical Level II (Sec+) (Required)
- VMware Certified Professional – Datacenter Virtualization 6.0 or higher (Required)
- VMware Certified Implementation Expert – Datacenter Virtualization 6.0 or higher (Highly Desired)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP-V) (Desired)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (Desired)
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) or NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE), ONTAP (Desired)
- Hands-on experience with PowerShell 4/5/6 and PowerCLI
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere (6.0/6.5), KVM and Hyper-V
- Hands-on experience with Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop and XenApp
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012R2, Windows 7/10, REL 6/7
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining storage system products and IP-based storage protocols (e.g. NFS/iSCSI)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory and supporting technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Candidates must have an active US Secret Clearance
- 25% Travel may be required
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Shift work may be required
- “On Call” may be required
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.