The DevOps Engineer will create cloud formation templates to build AWS services that support our custom Java applications. You’ll need to build the whole stack ELBs to databases. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. This role will focus on DevOps automation and CI/CD development. You will help transition our organization to the use of containers and container management systems using Docker. While there is a definite hands-on aspect to this role, the ideal candidate will also lead projects, work with agile development and IT teams to provide solutions, and be a subject matter expert in DevOps best practices. As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of Media and Content Delivery software web applications and services which are hosted in collocated facilities and AWS.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing our platforms
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of our continuous integration environments.
- Design and architect solutions for existing client facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS.
Additional is a Plus:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience in a software related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies.
- A minimum of 4 years experience with build technologies and tools like Maven and Gradle.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and ECS.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience in delivering and managing web or cloud-based services.
- Experience SCM tools such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience with test automation tools like Cucumber, Junit, Selenium, Fitness, etc.
- Experience with cloud services like Amazon Web Services and related APIs.
- Experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
- Experience with scripting and automated process management via scripting, such as Bash and Python.