Ted Pella, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the microscopy supplies and instrumentation field. The Materials Science Product Specialist is responsible for coordinating product development and support, as well as sales and marketing and activities related to our SEM, Materials Science, Forensic and AFM product lines. This position reports to the VP of Sales & Marketing. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN REDDING, CA. Final candidate must relocate to Redding, CA; relocation assistance provided.
Only qualified applicants meeting requirements highlighted below and interested in relocating to Redding, CA should apply.
- Responsible for the growth, management and sales of our Materials Science, Forensic, AFM and SEM accessory product lines. Other product lines may be added in the future.
- Keep current with cutting edge technologies and applications as well as the use of existing technologies; share these updates with the relevant internal staff.
- Be engaged in materials science product development, both for items we resell and those we design/manufacture.
- Generate information and compose or improve product descriptions for marketing and advertisements, on our website and in various publications.
- Respond to customer requests for quotations (RFQ), and generate product quotations per requests, follow up on open quotations, and track the prospective business to generate sales.
- Generate sales forecasts for the product groups assigned.
- Answer technical questions from our dealers, from original equipment manufacturer (OEM) contacts, and from our end user customers and prospective customers, both directly and indirectly via our customer service teams.
- Lead and/or assist with trade show preparations and represent the Company at trade shows where Materials Science products are shown.
- Collaborate with other staff on related product issues and development.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Other duties which may become essential to the position.
- B.S. degree in Materials Science, Materials Science and Engineering, or other related field.
- Must have 5-10 years Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) instrument use and specimen preparation experience.
- EDS or EDX (energy-dispersive x-ray spectroscopy) or WDS (wave length dispersive x-ray spectroscopy) experience is desired.
- Must have light microscopy experience.
- Must have 2-3 years Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) instrument use and materials science/ metallurgical specimen preparation experience.
- SEM specimen preparation experience in the semi-conductor industry is preferred.
- SEM/TEM specimen preparation experience in the forensic science field is a plus.
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) use and specimen preparation experience is a plus.
- Prior customer relations experience is preferred.
- Comfortable with public speaking and leading meetings.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboration on a team.
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate with co-workers and build relationships with clients.
- Superior attention to details and problem diagnosis and solving skills.
- Ability to communicate in the English language fluently for writing and speaking.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and other standard office technology.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time; trade shows, clients, workshops.
- This position is a full time “on-site” position located in Redding, CA.
- Must be authorized to work in U.S. Work visa sponsorship is not available.
- Must successfully pass background check and drug test prior to employment.
This position is paid a competitive base salary, and includes a generous medical, dental and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
About the Company:
Ted Pella, Inc. has been serving the global microscopy community with instrumentation and supplies for over 50 years. We sell to the entire USA and all around the world both directly and through a large distributor network. We are a healthy company, growing even throughout uncertain economic times. Visit our web site at http://www.tedpella.com. We are a family-owned and operated Company, with a professional and friendly atmosphere.
About the Location:
We are situated in beautiful Redding, CA, an area well-known for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life with plenty of shopping, restaurants and culture, nestled within an incredible rural recreational setting. http://www.visitredding.com/home/about-us
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email.
Job Type: Full-time
- semiconductor specimen preparation: 1 year
- transmission electron microscopy (TEM): 2 years
- light microscopy: 1 year
- scanning electron microscopy (SEM): 5 years
Required work authorization: