Communications, Corporate Careers
United States of America
Brea H&W 2727 Imperial Highway, Brea, CA, 92821 USA
"At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!Are you a strategic thinker who can see beyond the now? Be part of a team that is developing the strategy and direction of one of the biggest players in the aerospace industry. The Strategy, Development & Communications team is a major influencer in the long-term vision of Collins Aerospace. Working together with teams across the company, we focus on strategic planning and analysis, internal and external communications, mergers and acquisitions and revenue synergies. Join a team that has its pulse on the future of aerospace and watch your career take flight.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
This position is for an Established professional in Technical Publications who executes publication production and maintenance initiatives through analysis, maintenance, and revisions of published materials.
- Drafts operations and maintenance manuals and technical publications
- Researches available technical data including drawings, design reports, equipment, and test specifications. Analyzes developments in specific technical field to determine the need for revisions in previously published materials and for the development of new materials
- Prepares written text and coordinates layout and organization of technical manuals and other documents according to prepared outlines and specifications.
- Interviews product developers, engineers, mechanics and other technical experts, observes production methods, and refers to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals to acquire knowledge needed to develop technical publications.
- Works with engineers and other technical personnel to clarify technical document contents.
- Manages and maintains work records and ensures all files are organized and accurate.
- Creates and distributes all UTC technical publications.
- Writes, rewrites and / or edits technical documents to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods and referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations and trade journals.
- Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Conducts quality review of materials.
- Distributes technical materials through appropriate media channels.
2 years of experience writing technical publications, manuals or documentations with non-negotiable deadlines in an electrical manufacturing environment.
2 years of experience with collaborating with engineering and manufacturing to translate technical requirements and tactile efforts into a readable and repeatable instructions.
Masters of Arts or Science degree.
2 years of experience with either XML, Arbortext, FrameMaker, Word, Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD, Solidworks, and authoring style and formatting requirements.
1 years of experience with tracking quality metrics of all deliverables using Authorized Technical Review process.
1 years of experience managing development of deliverables to support Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and other internal business units.
1 years of experience providing portal support with an understanding of the GTA process and portal tools as well as customer base and product platform dependency.
1+ years of experience writing technical publications, manuals or documentations working in an aerospace or electrical manufacturing industry with familiarity with regulatory compliance.
Experience with management of work off-site work for specific writing projects with goal of as few of iterations as possible.
Experience with management of internal and external suppliers to ensure quality of final documents.
Experience with and of understanding of S1000D specifications.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal business units including engineering, manufacturing and operations.
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take direction from supervisor.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple internal and external business partners.
Demonstrated ability to acquire new software and other technology skills.
Ability to read and write (technical) in French
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.