Relatient® is a leading provider of integrated messaging solutions for practices, hospitals and health care systems. We take a patient-centered approach to engagement, utilizing the power of real-time clinical data to deliver timely messages between patients and their care providers. Our platform effortlessly automates appointment reminders, patient billing and payment collection, satisfaction surveys, self-check-in, non-medical transportation and on demand messaging.
- Help define, document and lead multiple projects simultaneously; accurately measure and report on project status and at all times have a complete understanding of delivery timelines and any blockers or risks associated with them.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Business resources to create and maintain user stories, business requirements and acceptance criteria derived from wireframes, design docs, existing system behavior and discussion with business and technical resources; lead planning and estimation, collaborate on release notes and system documentation for product releases.
- Coordinate between internal resources and external partners for integrations with health care providers, technical service providers and other third parties.
- Usability is as important as functionality, build with the customer in mind and ensure that all products start with a measurable criterion for success and a frictionless user experience.
- Coordinate the features and delivery timelines for projects using a suite of tools including JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Excel or whatever you think is the best fit.
- Help to evolve our software development methodology; we’ve tried and combined several. Bring your favorite and help us grow ours.
- History of success directing cross-functional teams for an enterprise software product as a senior member of the product or engineering team
- Prior experience in a growth phase technology company delivering products based on rapidly evolving requirements. No minimum, but 3+ years will help you keep up.
- A complete understanding of how to deliver software, the various tools, models and methods to do so and which ones to apply in different situations. Extensive success in applying Agile methods to software delivery required.
- A demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects with shifting priority and hit your dates. If you’re not a flexible, motivated self-starter, this is not the job for you.
- The capacity to participate in brainstorming, architecture and implementation meetings with extremely technical team members and not only understand them but also accurately document the requirements, action items and architectural implications from the conversation.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal), attentive listening, fast typing, organization and problem solving are all necessary skills to bring to the role.