Reports To: Director of Student Housing
General Summary: Responsible for planning, implementation and management of all Redstone’s maintenance initiatives for campus housing properties. Develops and administers timely and cost-effective planning and implementation of capital improvement initiatives/objectives, alongside daily facilities management.
- Oversee all building related work performed on Redstone’s campus housing properties including renovations and tenant improvements.
- Defines specifications of work to be performed. Determines if work for larger scale projects will be performed by in-house maintenance staff or by outside contractor.
- Negotiates contracts with outside contractors and vendors: monitors and approves the activities of contract personnel and services in assigned area of responsibility as required to assure that satisfactory and acceptable performance standards, specifications, materials and labor cost, work schedules, etc. are maintained.
- Responsible for all projects and operating cost estimates and authorizes payment for contracted services in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Supervises the work control processes for Redstone’s campus housing properties, including managing work orders and control systems, ensuring efficiencies in estimating, planning, scheduling and organizing support for all vendors. Conducts necessary reports and analysis. Collaborates, as needed with, with other management staff regarding the smooth and accurate flow of information to support timely decision-making.
- Develops preventive maintenance programs and determines long- and short-range capital improvement and maintenance repair needs.
- Develops and oversees quality control and cost containment protocols designed to support accountability and the achievement of service standards.
- Develops construction specification standards for renovations and improvements to the existing campus housing properties and in consultation with others in support of new development.
- Acts as project manager for various Redstone’s campus housing projects to include: renovation, tenant improvement, and all other planned and unplanned capital and operation projects.
- Incorporates sustainability and energy efficiency principles into everyday practices.
Staff and Fiscal Management
- Along with the Director of student housing supervises Redstone’s campus maintenance staff.
- Guides and gives technical and managerial assistance to subordinate employees in the performance of their duties.
- Works with Director of Student Housing, Director of Asset Management and other management staff with budget data related to property maintenance and operations and capital expense planning.
- Serves as a role-model, advocate, and mentor to staff. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters teamwork, excellence, respect, accountability and diversity.
- Work requires occasionally stooping and bending when verifying completion of repairs or maintenance.
- Work requires sitting for extended periods of time when using computer system.
- Work requires frequently traveling to storage sites and suppliers
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Burlington, VT (Preferred)