Cerner's Revenue Cycle Development team is growing and is in search of a Project Manager. In this role you’ll provide leadership within one or more agile teams, helping them meet project commitments and pursue continuous improvement. You will facilitate team planning exercises that span initial design through implementation and verification. You’ll leverage cross-functional relationships to help the team evaluate and define the scope of various projects. You will support the team in creating a backlog of work, tracking team progress, and managing interdependencies between related areas of work. You will utilize operating metrics to assess team performance, forecast project target dates and staffing levels, and identify areas for improvement. Additional job duties include:
- describing and manipulating data sets, sources, and structures
- developing reporting to make data more meaningful to business initiatives
- analyzing data quantitatively and qualitatively and communicate findings
- identifying root cause of problems with reports or data sets within the domain
- collaborating on data quality conditions and monitoring with domain business subject matter experts
Working directly with our clients is one of the most impactful careers you will find. Whether your background is in health care, business or technology you can help transform the quality of care for all of us.
Write software that makes extraordinary things happen, including improved outcomes for everyone in the realm of health care: the Cerner team, providers, physicians and patients on a global scale. Use technologies that are equal in impact and innovation to those employed by tech giants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- At least 2 years of Project Management work experience.
- At least 1 year of Agile project management work experience.
- At least 1 year of technical work experience.
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) Scrum, Kanban, XP, and/or other agile methods.
- Experience with software configuration management, build, packaging, and delivery.
- Efficiently recap project status, providing written and verbal management report outs within the context of business unit goals and objectives.
- Experience maintaining high quality communication channels with development partners and stakeholders.
- Experience building and sustaining client relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Working in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Relocation Assistance Available for this Job:
Yes - Domestic/Regional
Virtual Eligible Job
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.