This position reports to Divisional HR Business Partner, works with the Corporate Office, District Managers, Regional Managers, and onsite Training Account Managers to support teams and optimize performance through the planning, execution, follow through and measurement of training, aligned to the Company plan and specific division needs. This role is responsible for recruitment, the execution of training plans, measurement and follow-through in support of new facility openings, training center certification processes, supports the performance evaluation process, and helps to build a culture of engagement through leadership, communication, teaching and encouraging involvement, seeking and providing feedback and recognition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Regional and District Managers with Corporate Training Department approved certification, implementation, and measurement of Training Centers and Managers, their teams and facilities.
- Certify Training Centers (one per District) and Training Center Account Managers.
- Recruit for and provide support for the execution and measurement of the Manager-In-Training program, including follow-through with MITs, AMs, DMs and RMs to ensure acceptable results.
- Monitors internal and external job postings for adherence to guidelines at accounts in area of responsibility.
- Is responsible for maintaining a pipeline of candidates for the MIT program.
- Provide assistance for the identification and development of HCSG Certified Training Managers
- Assists Training Center Account Managers to plan, execute, and measure the MIT training program
- Work with Corporate Training to implement approved training plans for the division(s) with the assistance of the Regional and District Managers (Operations), and the onsite Training Center Account Managers (Training Center Account Managers provide onsite Ops Training; PDM implements electronic training to assist in management skills training)
- Work with Operations to coordinate training for new business starts, aligned with HCSG and Division goals, providing input for management candidate placement
- Solicit feedback from Regional and District Managers regarding specific region training needs
- Communicate and support execution of the training/recruiting/performance evaluation plans; shares results, provides feedback and ideas to maximize performance for HCSG
- Where applicable, provide support for the achievement of ServSafe and CDM (CFPP) standards (internal program, ServSafe and University, or state-required program) through results measurement, ensuring instruction, and communication
- Provide assistance with training and follow-through for company-sponsored programs, new regulatory compliance and procedure implementations
- Support the protection of assets through teaching and communication regarding risk management (safety, security, assets protection, food safety)
- Provides support to the field by providing information and tools related to training development and performance improvement through reporting and auditing of accounts, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Human Resources, training, and/or management experience required
- Experience coordinating and measuring the results of training programs highly preferred
- Recruiting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4-year institution required; relevant industry experience may be acceptable in place of degree
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize to deliver results and complete assignments within deadlines, with a limited amount of direct supervision, and often times managing multiple priorities
- Dynamic personal presentation with the ability to deliver training and communication to both large and small groups
- Ability to determine methodologies for effective learning
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of HCSG EVS and Dining/Food Service brands/department/Division objectives
- Project and time management skills and demonstrated success in managing/leading initiatives
- Strong organizational skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to partner with others to achieve results/resolution
- Must have strong problem solving and influencing skills and proven ability to overcome objections
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Holds self accountable for high personal standards of conduct and professionalism
- Ability to lead, motivate, and empower the team members
- Takes initiative and follows through on plans for both simple and complex projects
- Ability to work alone and work with teams to take plans and ideas from concepts to results
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost level of professionalism
- Proficiency in building and maintaining good working relationships with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office; ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicant tracking system, purchasing, time and attendance systems and other systems as required
- Willingness/ability to travel regionally up to 50% - 75% of the time, including overnight stays, depending on geography or business need
- Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings as needed.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Must be able to see, hear, taste and smell.
- Must be able to drive, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Must be able to work around food and cleaning products.
- Must be able to observe staff and all aspects of dining and environmental service and operations and give appropriate, timely feedback
- Must live in service area. No relocation costs.