Dharam Consulting are seeking self starting individuals who have between 4 - 8 years of experience in the construction industry, experience with; and / or : Construction Management Firms, General Contracting firms or Construction Consultancy Firms including Engineering/ Architectural Firms. We are considering resumes for the following office locations: Boston, New York, Philadelphia & Washington DC; Engineering & Construction Management degrees are desirable.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Concisely present estimates and cost plans to owners, architects & engineers.
- Feels comfortable in a presentation environment & presenting to groups of industry peers.
- Ability to cost plan and conceptualize what is potentially missing from design documents.
- Ability to identify the most significant cost risks/ impacts on a project.
- Experienced with measurement and measurement software such as OST.
- Can perform detailed estimates when required. Both quantifying and production of cost rates.
- Understands labor, materials & markups that contribute to trade rates in estimates.
- Understands general conditions & temporary project requirements.
- Can produce conceptual / schematic estimates from narratives only.
- Understands the value management & value engineering process. Can produce a value engineering log/schedule to identify possible project savings.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Office.
- Ability to program in excel with analytical approach is desirable
Salary negotiable based on experience level.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering or Engineering Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience do: 5 years (Required)
- Field or site: 2 years (Required)
- Cost Estimating: 3 years (Required)