Healthcare Portfolio & PMO Project Manager
Renton, WA or Beaverton, OR
6 month Contract to Hire
At IGNW (formerly InfoGroup Northwest), we use our deep technical insights, local market knowledge and rock-solid relationships and reputation to create exceptional business outcomes for people and companies every day. We are based in Portland, OR with global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Our clients, consultants, contractors, partners and employees choose IGNW because we tackle the tough problems, and we care deeply about people while we do it.
We are proud to foster a great team working environment, to offer highly competitive compensation and to offer full benefits packages including medical, Flexible Spending Accounts, dental and vision. If you would like to learn more, join our team, or explore how IGNW can benefit your business, please reach out today!!
Our healthcare client is seeking an exceptional Project Manager in their IS Portfolio & Project Management Office (PPMO) to be responsible for managing a program of intake projects requests for assigned service lines. This position will work collaboratively with facility operational leadership, IS leadership and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services. The Project Manager is the primary point of contact between executive leadership and the resource managers of all IS teams and is responsible for engaging executive leadership and communicating the progress of the portfolio of work. The Project Manager is also responsible for working with and facilitating processes to accomplish complex program objectives, supporting decision making, and resolving issues that span project teams and departments by planning, organizing, directing and supervising program activities in a cost effective and productive manner to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manage a portfolio of intake project requests and provide leadership for, and coordination of, project formation. This includes creating business cases, attaining governance approvals, facilitating system selections, conducting technical and resource feasibilities, identifying costs and funding, and scheduling resources.
- Support organizational and IS governance groups’ decision-making for technology solution deployments.
- Manage relationships with key leaders and stakeholders across assigned service areas.
- Build support to influence decisions in order to ensure working towards common objectives.
- Develop projects within a program in alignment with the organizations strategic plans and objectives.
- Manage client expectations for timelines and deliverables from request through the project lifecycle. Work closely with other stakeholders/participants/partners to ensure all needs/issues are communicated.
- Provide support for special projects, which may include collecting data, preparing correspondence and developing solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree plus eight years’ experience in information technology, project management, healthcare administration or clinical field.
- Ten years’ experience leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- Extensive experience managing Healthcare IT projects
- Expertise and experience with Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- Experience in incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects; Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized certifications preferred.
- Experience facilitating complex decisions making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities is essential.
- CAP, Workout and Lean education required as soon as available or within the first two years on the job.
- Skilled in strategic planning, program management, group motivation, discipline and diplomacy.
- Experienced in vendor/contract management and negotiations.
- Ability to coach and mentor colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and align with an organization, its structure and priorities.
- Demonstrated success managing other project managers, project portfolios and/or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and/or strategic and tactical planning and execution including marketing, communications and financial planning.
- Demonstrated experience as a speaker in a professional presentation environment, such as conferences and association meetings.
- Demonstrated experience managing the process of design, development, integration and/or implementation of software products or facilities. -Experience developing and implementing benchmarks and metrics in support of improved quality and process design. + Ability to understand business or clinical strategies and plans, and their relationship to organizational strategies.
Preferred, but not required
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) Certification.
**No Corp to Corp or 3rd party resumes can be accepted for this position.**
Our clients may require that candidates pass a drug and/or background check.
To apply, please send your resume to:
Oregon's Top 100 Best Companies to Work For - 3 years running
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit www.ignw.io