About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides independent economic and financial analysis behind litigation matters, guides businesses through critical strategy and operational issues to become more profitable, and advises governments on the economic impact of policies and regulations. Our two main services – litigation and management consulting – are delivered by practice groups that focus on specific areas of expertise or industries. Learn more about how CRA can help you Accelerate ( http://www.crai.com/careers/build ) your career.
CRA's Life Sciences ( http://www.crai.com/careers/practices/life-sciences ) practice helps pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics and medical device companies achieve optimum performance across key aspects of their business, including innovation, commercial success, organization, and reputation, all for the long-term benefit of patients, clinicians, employees, and shareholders. We work with life sciences businesses directly as well as with their legal counsel, industry associations, government organizations, and advocacy groups from the earliest stages of research into new therapy areas, through product development, to the delivery of products that will achieve commercial success and fulfill the expectations of our clients and their key stakeholders.
The Associate (MA) and Consulting Associate (PhD) roles are important to CRA's project teams. You will work closely with consultants to solve interesting client problems, working with a range of secondary and primary data sources. In these roles you will own and personally deliver components of the client engagement, contributing to the overall success of each project. As you demonstrate strong analytic and develop sound project management skills, your responsibilities will grow rapidly.
- Collect, clean and analyze quantitative data to develop critical insights for our clients' issues
- Design and create advanced predictive models (e.g. support vector machines, neural networks, decision trees) to allow our clients to make more informed business decisions (preferably using SAS or R)
- Conduct data mining using third-party software packages and CRA tools
- Apply critical perspective across multiple client and industry data sources
- Communicate findings from your analyses to internal team members and, over time, to clients
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Work in a demanding but highly collegial and collaborative environment
- Master degree or above, preferably in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
- Experience in large data manipulation in SAS or R
- Experience in data visualization using SAS, R, D3.js, Python, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in DoE(design of experiment) such as Discrete Choice, Conjoint, MaxDiff using SAS/SPSS
- Experience in developing advanced models such as multi-variate regression, neural networks, support vector machines, decision trees and clustering, using tools such as R, SAS, SPSS
- Detail oriented with the ability to dive deep into business process, data and analytics
- Knowledge or experience related to pharmaceutical or healthcare industry is a plus
- Experience working with large, complex data is a plus
- Experience in modeling such as time series and Bayesian statistics is a plus
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.