Do you have an interest in museums and want to work for an amazing company that puts its team, partners, guests & our planet first?
For 100 years Boston Children’s Museum has been a leader in Boston and within the museum community worldwide.
Imagine yourself helping our guests create memorable experiences…Now imagine a fun and rewarding retail position at our Boston Children’s Museum gift store!
Our story begins with extraordinary people. It is a group of creative, detailed and passionate folks that make up our store and store support center teams that truly love what they do – helping further our partner’s missions by creating spectacular retail experiences.
Event Network is the leading premier retailer that proudly operates world-class cultural attraction retail stores throughout North America. Our venues include zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, botanical gardens, iconic, traveling exhibitions and other highly regarded cultural institutions. To see a complete list of our partnerships, please visit us at www.eventnetwork.com.
As Assistant Store Director (Full-time Hourly), you will supervise and participate in day-to-day store operations, maximize the retail potential of the store, and ensure that our Guests and Team Members have the ultimate experience possible. Our Assistant Store Directors are motivated, results oriented, and committed to leading a customer-focused team and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
- Support Event Network’s Core Values and uphold our Company Culture that shapes the ultimate Team Member and Guest experience
- Assist Store Director with the recruitment, retention, supervision and development of a talented team
- Perform day-to-day store operations
- Sales driven with a strong focus on guest service, visual merchandising, scheduling, and managing a team
- Ensure merchandise is set according to the presentation plan and analyze merchandising trends
- Ensure that the highest level of customer service is provided
- Hold self and others accountable to high performance standards while providing Guests with memorable experiences
Basic / Required Qualifications:
- At least three years’ experience in a retail leadership role
- Strong merchandising abilities, an entrepreneurial spirit, great interpersonal skills, and love to sell
- Dynamic leader with proven ability to hire, train, and motivate staff to promote maximum performance
- Ability to understand and follow all guest service programs
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Assistant Store Director is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The Assistant Store Director must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Cultural attractions are an important part of the fabric of our communities. We are honored to have the opportunity to work in such fabulous places. In our stores, there are surprises for guests and employees to enjoy in every corner. Each of our beautifully designed stores is unique, and each provides a high-quality retail experience to complement the fun memories created throughout the guests’ visits at each of our partner locations. From the store ambiance, environments and stunning visual displays, to the personalized product assortments cultivated specifically for each venue - each store tells a story. Within each are passionate and devoted team members, along with our excited guests. When guests walk into our stores, they feel welcome and encouraged to engage with their surroundings, to create additional memories that will contribute to the next chapter in their very own story. Join us and be part of our story!
BENEFITS – WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
We offer Competitive Compensation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health & Wellness Incentives, Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical /Dependent Care, Life/AD&D, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, and Store Discounts that can be used at any of our stores.
BRING YOUR TALENT TO US!
Apply today! You'll have the opportunity to join a team that takes pride in our amazing Company Culture. Share your commitment to excellence with us, and be a part of our culture of teamwork, creativity, inspiration & fun. You will enjoy an environment where you are encouraged and inspired to develop yourself professionally and personally, where you are celebrated and motivated, and where we promote wellness through healthy living to enhance your quality of life. Come see for yourself!
Event Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly