Location: Worcester, MA Category: Education Posted On: Sun Sep 8 2019 Job Description:
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Secretary I for the Administrative Services/Business Office performs duties necessary for running the office. In support of these functions, the Administrative Secretary will provide support with projects, answer phones, schedules, make appointments, work with colleagues in multiple offices, coordinate meetings, and proofread documents. He/she will maintain organized filing systems, both in paper and electronically, and offer recommendations for improving those systems. The Administrative Secretary must be comfortable using or learning a wide variety of software, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Cognos, Image Now, etc. He/she must be customer service oriented, a team player, work well with others and able to work independently.
Reports to the Vice President of Administrative Services and the Assistant Vice President of Finance/Comptroller
Supervises 03 employees, temporary employees and/or work study students as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the Vice President of Administrative Services and the Assistant Vice President of Finance/Comptroller with duties pertinent to running the Administrative Services Office and the Business Office effectively.
2. Provide excellent phone and email communications
3. Composes and/or prepares correspondence, reports and/or memoranda for signature of executive according to standard procedure.
4. Open, sort, review and disbursement of daily mail.
5. Maintain the Contracts process for the entire college which is processed through the Business Office. Includes data entry to the database, photo copying, mailing of contracts, imaging and filing of completed contracts, communication with vendors for questions as well as informing Purchasing Manager and Director of Compliance with any issues.
6. Assist administratively with the college budget process with the AVP of Finance. Assist with the data entry and reconciliation of the budget to Jenzabar. Assist with journal entries to Jenzabar for the budget throughout the fiscal year. Understanding of confidentiality of information during budget process.
7. Assist with various annual reports as needed. Coordinate with other departments within the college to gather information for those reports.
8. Assists with service calls to vendors to maintain business office budget.
9. Maintains files, confidential reports, and correspondence.
10. Requisition of office supplies via internal supply order forms as well as online accounts.
11. Schedule appointments and coordinate larger functions, including hospitality, reserve rooms and technology. Maintain staff calendars.
12. Submit and track purchase orders, travel requests, hospitality requests, supplies, and other paperwork associated with the budget for the Business Office.
13. Develop and revise administrative processes to maximize staff efficiency and production. Maintain an organized and effective system for tracking research and data requests and supporting material.
14. Organize and maintain various excel spreadsheets and databases.
15. Maintain record retention database for Business Office following State mandated compliance.
16. Scanning, photocopying, mailing, imaging and filing of various documents.
17. Oversee the process of paperwork associated with student club fundraising and raffles according to state regulations. Maintain spreadsheets and completed paperwork annually. Communicate with Student Life and Business Office to ensure records are in agreement.
18. Organize and format data used for tracking and reporting.
19. Proof-read documents, reports, graphs and tables for accuracy.
20. Provide administrative support to professional staff of Administrative Services as needed.
21. Provide excellent documentation of all work and tasks completed.
22. Exhibit a high degree of professionalism and judgment demonstrating discretion and respecting confidentiality.
23. Aides and Assists the Vice President's Office as needed.
24. Actively supports the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
25. Works actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
26. Embraces the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
27. Provides flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assess processes and procedures and revise accordingly.
28. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Applicants must have a least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
A diploma as evidence of graduation from the business or commercial course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
A diploma as evidence of graduation from a course other than the commercial or business course of a recognized high school or vocational/technical high school or possession of a Massachusetts high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for a maximum of eight months of the required experience.
A diploma for completion of a one-year, full-time, or equivalent part-time, program in a recognized non-degree granting business or secretarial school above the high school level may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
An Associate's or higher degree may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
Education toward such a degree or diploma will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Note: Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
2. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
3. Ability to work well in a team environment; excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; service oriented
4. Ability to manage projects and work independently
5. Comfort with and ability to use a variety of software tools, such as Excel, Adobe, Word, Publisher.
6. Ability to use (and/or willingness to learn) software products, such as Qualtrics (online survey software) and Cognos.
7. Ability (and/or willingness to learn) to export data via online software products
8. Ability to sort data and perform basic calculations using Excel
9. Willingness to listen, learn, and experiment with new ways of performing tasks; desire to improve job performance and effectiveness
10. Appreciation for research-based decision making
11. Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks
1. An Associate degree or higher with 5+ years of progressive experience in similar role.
2. Experience in Higher Education.
3. Experience with Jenzabar or an Integrated System
4. Skilled user of Excel and Microsoft products.
37.5 hours/week; Monday through Friday 8:00am- 4:00pm. Full-time benefited position. Starting weekly rate is $853.65 per week.