Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is a leading national law firm with over 20 business centers in the United States. With approximately 500 lawyers and 1,000 personnel, we are a traditional, yet innovative and diverse Firm and our people are our highest priority.
Our Chicago office is looking for an Accountant to audit and process accounts payable and/or expense reimbursement transactions and related activities in a timely and accurate manner while following best practices and firm policy.
Essentials Job Functions
- Audit and process various Accounts Payable transactions firm-wide. Specific types of Accounts Payable transactions will vary and may include: client- and firm-chargeable vendor and expense payments, immediate checks printed in central office, immediate checks printed in local offices, Cost Recovery, vendor setups, W9 and 1099 reporting administration.
- Perform other Accounting activities, including, but not limited to: banking activities, quality control, unclaimed property, researching and responding to inquiries, complex analysis, special projects and administrative functions.
- Collaborate with, and provide backup support to, the Accounts Payable team to ensure all Accounts Payable processes are performed in a timely and accurate manner, identify and resolve issues, and ensure compliance with Accounting best practices and firm policies. Provide team support to accommodate high volume days and vacations.
- Collaborate with other groups in the Finance department, such as Cash Receipts, Billing, Collections, and Financial Reporting to ensure seamless end-to-end processes.
- Collaborate with management and customers outside the Finance Department, such as secretaries, paralegals, administrative staff, office managers, attorneys, management, and clients to ensure compliance with accounting policies and best practices, provide outstanding customer service, and identify and resolve issues.
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, a minimum of one year of experience in accounting and knowledge of various accounting principles, including general ledger account coding, and basic knowledge of balance sheet vs. income statement categorization. Experience in law firm accounting preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life and AD&D Insurance, 401(k) savings plan and retirement, generous paid time off and opportunities for professional development.
Only candidates contacted for an interview will receive a response. As an EOE/AA employer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Note To Agencies and Applicants:
At this time, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.