Assembler/Packer 2nd Shift
2nd Shift Position: 4:00pm-2:30am Mon-Thurs OT Fri
Direct Hire - Paid weekly - Great Benefits
Weber 11811 Oak Creek Way Huntley, IL
Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's premier manufacturer of charcoal and gas grills and accessories strongly advocates that our employees are our greatest asset. They have an active and important role in our company's growth and success. If you have the desire to work for a company that is recognized for exceptional quality products and high customer satisfaction, then employment with Weber-Stephen Products LLC may be right for you. We provide a friendly working atmosphere with an environment of growth and opportunity through innovation, pride, and excellence.
Weber is hiring 2nd shift Assemblers to work on assembly lines, assembling and packaging parts and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs more complex assemblies involving multiple parts. Assemble parts by arranging parts, screwing and fastening miscellaneous parts, and testing parts according to specific quality and production standards.
- Prepares packing materials for use by ordering, counting, assembling, protectively wrapping, and arranging parts in a carton or rack according to specific quality production and transportation standards.
- Labels products by identifying and applying labels to parts or cartons where needed.
- Monitors quality of production by self-check, successive checks, and comparison to quality standards.
- Active with troubleshooting and continual improvement of the process.
- Watch for defects and quality of the product.
- Follow safety policies and use the proper PPE.
- Applicants will be required to pass a post-offer drug test & background investigation.
- Must be able to follow instructions, respond to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and completes tasks on time.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. Will also occasionally be required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 20 pounds, however constant movement and lifting requirement of bulky items, approx. 10-15 pounds. Will be required to wear PPE; gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
- Previous assembly and knowledge of hand tools a plus but not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: $17.25 - $17.65 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location