- High School Diploma or GED
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Clerical Experience
Reporting to the General Manager or designated manager, enter sale information for face-to-face and/or on-line LiveBlock transactions (including price, bid badge number and announcements) in accordance with corporate guidelines ensuring efficient and accurate information is transferred into the appropriate computer system. Make corrections on the appropriate form when a mistake is made. Perform all duties assigned by the General Manager or designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Job Description:1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every person with whom they come in contact.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
3. Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the General Manager or designated manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
5. Enter the announcements, the sale of the car and the buyer information into the computer system. Ensure accurate recording of sale price and buyer information for the vehicles.
6. Enter sale data into the LiveBlock system as requested. Upon entering this information, listen closely to the Auctioneer and rapidly enter the increasing amounts of the incoming bids.
7. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
8. Maintain a good flow of communication with the all auction personnel.
9. Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
10. Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately to the General Manager or designated manager.
Educational Requirements or Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED preferred. One (1) year of clerical experience with basic computer skills and data entry skills required. Must have excellent typing skills and the ability to multitask.
The physical activity requirements of the position are Light to Medium Physical Work . (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions . (Refer to Policy HR-200 for definitions)
Constant – standing, watching, touching or fingering, listening, talking, reaching
Frequent – walking, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
Occasional – climbing, balancing, crawling
Potential – running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical, mechanical equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with car exhaust, internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Note: Refer to the Handbook and Policy Manuals for important addendum requirements to all job descriptions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.