The Accounting Clerk performs all collections related duties for 20-25 associations. Additionally, provides clerical assistance to the Senior Staff Accountant and the Staff Accountants.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Accounting experience (3) years is preferred but not required.
- Successfully pass pre-employment screenings and background/reference checks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate/manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and customers/clients of all professional levels.
- Demonstrate leadership in maintaining high standards of professional behavior for self and staff.
- Demonstrate organization, attention to detail, problem solving, creative, and independent thinking.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the organizations philosophy of high quality, professionalism and organizational culture.
KNOWLEDGE & CRITICAL SKILLS
Must have a working knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures and must be familiar with, but not limited to:
- Knowledge of collections and accounts payable.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of MIP software is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters vendor invoices including but not limited to scanning and attaching invoice copies to vendor ledgers.
- Processes vendor checks as defined by specific procedures.
- Maintains W-9 logs to include but not limited to adding new W-9’s to a log and filing them in a designated location.
- Prepares and processes all 1099-Misc forms in accordance with the Department of Revenue requirement.
- Responsible for weekly deposits including check scanning. Candidate will be responsible for making physical bank deposits with a mileage reimbursement.
- Prepares Construction requisitions and submits them to the designated Chairman and Engineer for approval and signature.
- Handles incoming calls concerning notices and account balances.
- Responsible for filing documents.
- Performs and assists with miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time