The Director of Development manages and executes all High Watch fundraising initiatives. He or she is responsible for developing our fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building a strong development infrastructure for High Watch. This requires close working relationships with individuals across the organization as well as the Board of Directors.
- Identify prospective individual and foundation donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with donors and ensure timely feedback on programs to funders.
- Meet prospective donors on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts and bequests.
- Plan and execute the annual fund program.
- Plan and execute capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the CEO, the Director of Communications and Marketing and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Collaborate with program and Alumni Relations staff as appropriate.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field
- 10+ years of development experience
- Proficiency with donor management software
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time