- Public Relations
- SEO Tools
Social Media Specialist
Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
This position is an opportunity to join a growing, highly talented and passionate marketing team. The successful candidate will act as a brand ambassador and participate in all social media conversations that take place on the brand’s owned pages and communities. The successful candidate will use our social media channels to execute strategies, best practices, and tools to connect and engage with homeowners, contractors, and architects. The candidate will post regularly on social media while responding to followers, staying current on industry trends, and using analytics to generate weekly reports for regional managers.
- Unilock is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where formal process is kept to a minimum in order to enable employees to move forward with great new ideas quickly.
- Unilock was the first company to introduce the concept of interlocking segmental paving stones to North America in 1972 and continues to lead the industry with proprietary manufacturing technologies and designs for outdoor pavers and walls.
- A family-owned, Canadian company, the Unilock corporate headquarters is located in Toronto Ontario with seven regional operations located in New York, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, and Georgetown Ontario.
- The corporate marketing group operates as a shared service which provides strategic marketing leadership and supports the business efforts of the seven regional offices, each with its own General Manager and financial targets.
- Develop and oversee integrated social media strategies through organic and paid campaigns that are KPI-driven
- Identify social influencers in our industry and collaborate with those influencers
- Strategize, manage, and execute the social media strategy on multiple platforms (Facebook,
Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Houzz, Youtube)
- Use Hootsuite (or similar) to organize, plan, and publish content on multiple social media
- Produce weekly reports for internal stakeholders and regional managers to show progress for
social media metrics
- Use SEMrush (or similar) to monitor and report on competitors’ social media activities
- Monitor emerging social media trends to identify creative and innovative new ideas
- Ensure the social media content meets the standards and voice of the brand
- Mapping out a social calendar to develop optimal posting schedules, taking customer engagement
metrics and best practices into account.
- Engage directly with our social media community, via questions or comments on our owned pages and community pages.
- Identify and communicate marketing opportunities that arise from social media to the internal team.
- Communicate and increase attendance at local events via social media
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in social media or public relations
- Degree/Diploma in business, marketing, digital marketing, PR, or social media strongly preferred
- Exceptional copywriting and proofreading skills required
- Capable of managing multiple projects and social media channels in a fast-paced and dynamic
- Ability and experience to report on multiple social media KPIs via weekly reports
- Experience with paid social campaigns, preferred but not required
- A highly motivated and creative individual
- Works well in a collaborate team environment
- Experience with Hootsuite (or similar), managing social calendars, and regularly posting content
(text, image, video) on multiple social channels
- Understanding that the number of followers is important, but that there are several metrics that
are more impactful
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in the construction or paving industry, preferred but not required
- Experience with SEMrush (or similar) preferred but not required
- Graphic design or blog writing experience would be an added bonus
If you are interested in a challenging position, and pursuing a career in a fast-paced sales environment, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest, but due to the volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full time; Permanent
Unilock is an equal opportunity employer.