The Director of Housekeeping is a working manager, who has all of the same duties as described for the laundry and housekeeping staff: responsible for the delivery of laundry and housekeeping services to each resident in the community, coordination and communication with all laundry and housekeeping staff and other team members in maintaining a holistic perspective of service for each resident. Also, actively engage yourself in supporting, introducing and implementing activities that maximize each resident’s identity, abilities and interests.
The Director of Housekeeping also does ordering for the department, scheduling of their staff, maintaining all stock of linens, mattresses, etc. They are to manage their budget, as given to them by the Executive Director. They are to do evaluations, in a timely manner, for their department.
They are to ensure that the community is kept clean and in order as well as the laundry. Assume laundry and cleaning responsibilities for all residences and common areas on a scheduled basis. Keep all areas of the community clean, neat, attractive and safe for residents, guests and team members at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Laundry of linens including sorting, washing, folding and delivery.
2. Keeping a linen and cleaning supplies inventory. Notifying community Executive Director when items will need to be ordered (giving Executive Director at least a two week order time).
3. Monitoring and notifying the community Executive Director or the Environmental Services Director of maintenance problems.
4. Maintaining Resident Rights to the best of your ability and assisting them in the use of laundry machines, etc. if applicable
5. Comply with all government laws, regulations and all company policies regarding the cleaning and sanitizing of the facility.
6. Follow safe guidelines for the use of specific chemicals, must be familiar with emergency procedures if chemicals are misused.
7. Present a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the corporate philosophy of service, goodwill and genuine interest in the resident’s unique needs. Conduct yourself and your business at all times so as not to detract from or reflect adversely on the reputation of the property. Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite and professional manner.
8. Perform other duties that may be set by the corporation or specified by the community Executive Director; completing all assigned duties which may change from time to time according to resident needs, staffing levels, and working circumstances.
9. Thorough cleaning of vacant apartments and readying them for occupancy (vacant apartments should also be cleaned on the regular weekly schedule).
10. Maintain housekeeping cart in a clean and orderly manner.
11. Resident Apartments
i. Change Bed Linen (linen delivery)
ii. Dust Furniture
iv. Empty Wastebaskets
v. Clean and Sanitize Bathroom and Kitchenette:
1. Clean toilet bowl, sinks and counters
2. Tub and shower doors
4. Mop floor
5. Clean towels, washcloths and bath mat
6. Extra supply of toilet tissue
i. Defrost Freezer, if Applicable
ii. Clean inside windows
iii. Sweep down cobwebs
iv. A/C filter cleaning
v. Review apartments for repairs and maintenance needs and then report to Environmental Services Director or Executive Director
12. Common Areas – including lobbies, halls, stairs, elevators, landing areas, activity and/or game room, television room, dining room, model units, public bathrooms, guestrooms, etc. (not including kitchen.)
a. Daily - areas as specified by community Executive Director
i. Dust Furniture
iii. Wash Windows
b. Daily - public restroom - to be cleaned and sanitized as described above in resident bathroom.
c. Weekly - areas specified by community Executive Director
* Exposure to blood/body fluid likely.
* Be able to safely lift 50 pounds independently and more with assistance. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, moving of equipment, climbing, bending, and stooping. Requires visual acuity and the ability to interpret requests from residents and staff. Able to climb stairs and ladders.
* Routinely performs duties in a safe and conscientious manner. Able to follow instructions, accept constructive criticism, work harmoniously with others, work varied shifts, able to work with ill, disabled, elderly and emotionally upset residents. Must be familiar with cleaning supplies and/or chemicals and their uses. Must be clean, tidy and appropriately dressed. Knowledge of professional cleaning equipment and supplies. Must know how to use common house cleaning devices; brooms, mops, floor waxers and polishers.
Job Type: Full-time