This role requires someone who can build strong customer relationships, loyalty, and retention. The ideal candidate has experience in coordinating all aspects of the arrival.
- Operational duties to include coordination of all aspects of the arrival (including, but not limited to, billing, rate quotation, approval of vendor invoices, etc.)
- Complete process of shipment, including arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
- Act as the central point of contact and provide complete shipping information from booking to final delivery and complete billing.
- Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier, and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer's needs.
- Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific department or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
- Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking & tracing.Requirements:
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in freight forwarding.
- In-depth knowledge of export procedures
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, seaport.Company Description:
OL USA is a small but fast-growing private company with over 100 years of international logistics experience, combined among the team. We have over 25 contracts with ocean carriers. We have agents across the globe in 6 continents and over 140 countries. Because of our expensive presents we are able to provide the best customer experience.
We are headquartered in New York but have 15 domestic offices, 2 international offices and have dedicated partners strategically located throughout the world. We have the experience, expertise, resources and market knowledge to be a truly global logistics solutions provider.
We are dedicated to maintaining and providing solutions to all our client's logistical needs. We believe that our true market advantage comes from our creative and individualized solutions. We utilize technology to track and manage our customer shipments with the highest accuracy.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Air Export at a freight forwarder: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time: