About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit
To maximize the operational effectiveness and financial success of the Cardiovascular Service Line, including but not limited to Invasive Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Neuro Interventional Services, Cardiac Rehab, Wound Care, Anticoagulation and Arrhythmia Services. This position reports to the Admininstrative Director, Invasive and Cardiovascular Services, Danbury Hospital and is accountable to the cardiovascular service line for interventional and cardiovascular daily operations, quality improvement, monitoring of standards, clinical diagnostic testing, educational protocols, and patient throughput.
1. Manages the daily operations of interventional and cardiovascular services. (30%)
2. Supervises staff, including conducting performance reviews, counseling, overseeing educational development, and providing disciplinary action. (20%)
3. Completes projects for the cardiovascular service line including, but not limited to: work flow within each section and among sections; scheduling; billing; accounts receivable; performance improvement; contribution to annual employee performance evaluation goals; growth projections; business development; administration of recognition program; customer satisfaction; and operational and capital budgeting. (10%)
4. Accountable for financial outcomes for areas of responsibility. Develops and submits operating and capital budgets; manages expenses in relation to the established operational and capital budgets; monitors budget variances and implements corrective action when necessary. (10%)
5. Collaborates with the medical directors of sections within the cardiovascular service line to ensure clinical quality of all work performed within these sections. Educates staff in current and new procedures and technologies with oversight of the Medical Directors. (10%)
6. Ensures the department has appropriate equipment and supplies. Researches capital and operational equipment and makes recommendations to SLE and Medical Directors concerning purchases.(10%)
7. Performs other duties as assigned. (10%)
Desired (not required) criteria include: Master's degree, CT RN license, BLS/ACLS/RCIS certification. Financial background or equivalent education desirable.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Cardiac Cath Lab
Day 8; variable 8 hours shifts between 7 am and 7 pm
Exempt from Overtime:
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.